• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrismJet, any feed back?

BaxSign

I am buying a printer for the first time & have been using vinyl in my shop ever since it was invented. I am scared because I have hardly any experience with printing software,but see that its about time I do it!:U Rock: The one I have my heart set on is the Roland 540V or may start widda 300V. What about the PrismJet? ANY GOOD?
I havent seen it mentioned, but see that it is priced low.
Thank you for your input.

Derf

BaxSign....

Good luck! you really can't go wrong with the Roland but the new Mutoh looks promising with les parts to break!

Either way your going to need to invest time into learning the ins and outs of these printers and software and your going to have some sleepless nights.

Have fun

Jackpine

What about the PrismJet?

BaxSign said:
I am buying a printer for the first time & have been using vinyl in my shop ever since it was invented. I am scared because I have hardly any experience with printing software,but see that its about time I do it!:U Rock: The one I have my heart set on is the Roland 540V or may start widda 300V. What about the PrismJet? ANY GOOD?
I havent seen it mentioned, but see that it is priced low.
Thank you for your input.

It is a branded Mutoh outdoor from Sign Warehouse. I have a PrintTech36 ( Mutoh jr) from SSK and could not be more pleased with the printer and my Graphtech cutter. SSK has given me outstanding customer support and tech support. . Mutoh has discontinued the Falcon Outdoor series in the US except Sign Warehouse is the only one selling them in the US. Gregory sells Mutoh printers also. The Mutoh prints a full 36" wide. The new ValueJet by Mutoh is a 4 color 48" printer......it prints a full 48". 2 1/2 times faster than the Falcon Outdoor and no banding with new wavey print patterns. Worth looking into. I do like having a printer AND a seperate cutter.