• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prismjet Extra 48

ExtremeGFX

I'm going to look at a prismjet extra tomorrow. I'm told its in perfect working order and can watch it run before purchase. It comes with a whole set of new inks as well as the ones that are in it, a spare new printhead, some vinyl, and a wireless Ethernet card. No rip software but i already have flexi pro so that's no big deal. At the moment the guy will not agree to anything less then $3200. I think thats a little high but i wanted some other opinions. Also what needs to be done to transport it? i will take it off the stand and strap it in but as far as the print heads and ink cartridges? what do you guys think the price range should be?

401Graphics

Take the waste tank off for one. I made that mistake last time i moved my mutoh 1204, forgot to take the waste tray out. talk about a huge mess! and the ink eats plastic too.
Anyways, depending on how far youre transorting it. If you going real far then you will need to secure the print head so it doesnt move if you hit a big bump in the road.

401Graphics

seems like a decent price to me. Assuming this is the model before the 1204 came out? I believe a used 1204 is around $5000. A new 1204 is $10,000
Your also getting a lot of extras with it. So that make sit more worth it. If the printer has no major issues id say get it.
Maybe check ebay or google and see if you can see what the average price ifs for one of those.

bmatlock5

because of the fact that most parts for this machine are no longer being produced, i would not invest more than $1000 if the machine was working. you put 3200 in it and have to start replacing parts a month or two later, you can get to $1000 to $1500 easey if you have to have tech out. then you are in it for $5000 which you could have spent on an updated model like a 1204 which is supposedly a better printer from all i have heard. but thats just my opinion

rcook99

I will say you might want to check the output specs on this printer as in square feet per hour. I am not sure but the older printers were extremely slow when compared to whats available now. I recently bought a used 1204 from Graphic Resource Systems in NJ. They always get used 1204's in from trades. Maybe give them a call and see what they have plus they service what they sell.

SlightlyChilled

3200 no way.... 2000.00 tops with all the spare stuff. and thats if the print check is 100%.. if you are going 3200 then you can hit 5000.00 get a newer printer.. I have a falcon and it is SLOW as crap.