• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

prismjet extra color question

laserman70

When I print our logo the metal looks redish not chrome. Any sugestions?
Below are the examples.
Thank your for the help.

Attachments

• logoprint.jpg
    logoprint.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 117
  • logoactual.jpg
    logoactual.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 94
Way too many variables to troubleshoot in a forum...ok let's start with the basics:

1) Which Mutoh Falcon/ Prismjet printer (38/46/62 inch) do you have?
2) What RIP are you using (product and version)?
3) What media are you printing onto (mfg / model)?

Bob

laserman70

Way too many variables to troubleshoot in a forum...ok let's start with the basics:

1) Which Mutoh Falcon/ Prismjet printer (38/46/62 inch) do you have?
2) What RIP are you using (product and version)?
3) What media are you printing onto (mfg / model)?

Bob

1. 46
2. best seems to be intelicoat GFPhoto SIJ_LcLm_720x720
3. Practicing on Oracal 651. (dont want to waste the good stuff till i get this right. )

Ditto Bob.

I think the best place to start will be with a nozzle check.

You may have some serious cross-contamination issue.

Any place give directions on how to do a nozzle check?

thanks for the help..

dmcgary

Nozzle check

On control panel of printer, Hold top right button (shift key) and then hit button below it (nozzle check).
This should tell the printer to do a nozzle check.
(Incidentally the shift key is like a control or command key for the printer's functions highlighted in blue on the control panel)

Probably is cross contamination issue if this normally prints correctly on this machine. on the test pattern or nozzle check you should get 6 squares that repeat the entire length of the media. All should represent clearly and cleanly the six individual colors your machine is supposed to print. If you have purples or cyans are darker (like medium blue), or your yellow is kind of green or orange, you definitely have cross contamination.

I've had this happen before. It's not a big deal.
Mine did this when one or more ink cartridges became empty and the sensor failed to recognize it. It created a vacuum and basically sucked the ink out of the adjacent color to equalize it.. Yours could be the same or maybe something else.. I don't know for sure.

I'd suggest (when the printer is not running) to pull out each cartridge to see which feels empty and replace with a new one.
You may have to do several head cleanings to purge the ink out of the lines and get back to having the color the way it's supposed to be.
To do this you can go through the menu settings to find head cleaning or simply hold the cleaning button down for a couple of seconds and it will do it that way too. By going through the menu you can do an optional powerful clean.
One last way to purge the lines. Create the colors that you are having trouble with in flexi or the output document. Make a solid block of it (say 100 percent yellow if that is the troubled color) and print a big square of it.
then do another nozzle check to see if it cleared.

If it did, you should be good to continue printing. If it didn't you may have to clean it or purge it several more times until it clears or you may have other problems.

I hope this helps.

dmcgary

more info from mutohs website.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/99/

Ink color contamination, cross contamination

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

This is a vacuum based system for the pumps. If the vacuum does not get broken a low ink cartridge may pull ink from a higher ink cartidge and lead to cross contamination.

Something similar can occur when the cap pad swells up and makes contact with the bottom of the head.

There are a couple of situations where color cross-contamination can occur.

Plugged ink drain lines OR
Swelling of pads in the capping station.
In combination with uneven ink levels in the cartridges.

The most common one that I am aware of is swelling of the pads in the cap itself.

There are two layers of pad in the Falcon series printers.
The top layer can be carefully removed to buy time before the cap itself need replacement.

The pads are not available as a separate part #, but the caps are.
Usually, by the time you are having issues from lack of proper maintanence or just use, it makes more sense to replace the entire station.

laserman70

Here is the picture of the nozzle test. Any reason there is 2 lines in the cyan?
Thanks for the help everyone.

Attachments

• nozzle test.jpg
    nozzle test.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 109

laserman70

Wrong profile and media.

Hold down Shift, then press Nozzle check.

Then post a picture of it.

Do you recomend a better profile? I am using flexi 8.6v2. I was given profile cd from 8.1 but cannot load them off of cd.
I am going to get media today for it. I just wanted to try to see how its running before waisting material and money.
thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Here is the picture of the nozzle test. Any reason there is 2 lines in the cyan?
Thanks for the help everyone.

Those lines are nozzles that are not firing. This is normal, just invoke a cleaning cycle or two and the nozzles will come back.

As to your original problem, that's pretty far gone even for a profile discrepancy. Not that it couldn't be a profile issue but I'd suspect there's something else going on. What format is the image? What are your rendering intents?

There's a lot of variables for you to screw up in Production Manager, too many to list. You might consider posting screen shots of the PM Advanced and Printer Controls tab as well as any germane auxiliary dialogs in order to show just what you're doing.

laserman70

Those lines are nozzles that are not firing. This is normal, just invoke a cleaning cycle or two and the nozzles will come back.

As to your original problem, that's pretty far gone even for a profile discrepancy. Not that it couldn't be a profile issue but I'd suspect there's something else going on. What format is the image? What are your rendering intents?

There's a lot of variables for you to screw up in Production Manager, too many to list. You might consider posting screen shots of the PM Advanced and Printer Controls tab as well as any germane auxiliary dialogs in order to show just what you're doing.

The image is jpeg made in Photoshop. Created 300 dpi.
Below is I believe what you are asking for.
I thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pm1.jpg
    pm1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 105
  • cpanel.jpg
    cpanel.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 101

randya

You want to pick a Preset.

Not just a media or an icc, but a Preset, which will have all your color management info included.

bob

The image is jpeg made in Photoshop. Created 300 dpi.
Below is I believe what you are asking for.
I thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

If you don't have color correction turned on, as in your picture, whatever profile you're using is pretty much rendered moot.

Turn on color correction and set your rendering intents to "No Color Correction" for everything except bitmaps. Set bitmaps to "Perceptual".

I'm not sure how your particular printer/Flexi combination deals with microdots, but make sure that "Microdot" is enabled.

See if that doesn't make a difference.

laserman70

I followed everything except the rendering. It wont let me choose any drop down boxes accept others: vector.
The video controls are different than the ones we have in flexi, that is why we are confused. sorry for making this difficult, we appreciat your help.

Attachments

• pm2.jpg
    pm2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 99

bob

I followed everything except the rendering. It wont let me choose any drop down boxes accept others: vector.
The video controls are different than the ones we have in flexi, that is why we are confused. sorry for making this difficult, we appreciat your help.

Interesting. You should be able to change all of your rendering intents. Perhaps the preset you've chosen somehow precludes this. If so, find another preset. You really do want no color correction on everything except bitmaps. For bitmaps you really do want 'Perceptual".

Are you coming out of Flexi RIP and Print or loading your file directly into Production Manager? If you're coming out of RIP and Print, try setting the rendering intents there. What are the rendering intents on your default job settings in Production Manager?