• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrismJet Extra, good, bad, info?

haulin

I just bought a PrismJet Extra and hoping I made a decent purchase. The owner just had it fully serviced and it's suppose to be all ready to go. Paid $1525, by time I get it to me I'll have just shy of $1900 in it.

Thanks!

This is what was advertised....

This printer was maintained daily and serviced regularly by professional technician provided by service contract. Before we listed it on eBay we had our service provide replace any and all questionable parts and ensure that everything is working properly. Included in the work done was replacing:

2 pumps
1 cap
9 dampers
2 print heads
1 cap assembly.
All nozzles are firing and dampers are clog free.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJDME-mH8Uzi0BP)iq2DKWQ~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJDME-mH8Uzi0BP)iq2DKWQ~~60_57.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Reynolds

I had the same printer a long time ago. Great little printer. It was my small "sign" and "Print in Cut" decal printer. Printer real nice with OEM inks and was SLOW...

It was my 2nd printer, after watching it for two days print ONE wrap, I went out and bought my 3rd printer. (72" solvent) LOL

Its still a good, albeit slow printer... Great starter printer for print n cut, banners and transfers, stuff like that.

IMHO

Do you have a RIP?

Good printer for banners and small stuff. I actually have one sitting in my storage building at home. When I bought my HP it was just sitting in shop so I moved it.

Does not have auto clean so you need to run it often.

Flame

It had a lot more problems than the new Valuejets, but wasn't too hard to work on. The pumps are notorious for eating up the lines, so may need to get their new upgraded lines for around the capping station. It's a pretty slow printer but for that price, if you maintain it, should definitely make you money.