Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PrismJet Help

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Arthur Sanchez, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Arthur Sanchez

Arthur Sanchez Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Does anyone own a PrismJet 46" printer which is actually a Mutoh 46" Falcon JR. I need to ask some questions on ink.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    What's your ?

3. Arthur Sanchez

Arthur Sanchez Member

Sep 24, 2008
    I can't get my bulk system to work. I have the stickers on and I have tried 3rd party ink but they don't work. It seems to only accept Mutoh ink.

4. VINYLIMAGEZ

VINYLIMAGEZ Member

Aug 29, 2007
    whats the inks called? I installed wilcom inks on my prismjet extra last friday and I been having hell with them, I flushed the lines before the switch, fill the lines with the new ink, primed the dampers, and its been hell ever since.
    manufacture claims they are eco-solvent inks but I think its not even close to "ECO", they are strong in smell like streaight up solvent inks, (they make you fill light headed if you smell'um").
    I emailed tech support today and Im waiting for a response.

heres what my printer is doing:
    if im printing a 6 foot banners, it starts to print very nice bright colors, then at about 3 or 4 feet it starts to discolorate.
    also if it sits about 10 minute without printing, and then start a print, it will not print anything.
    all the guts inside my printer are about 4 months old and never had a problem with the OEM inks.
    I just order a cupple of OEM inks from SWH and im about getting ready to flush the lines again for the OEM inks ill be getting tomorrow, It was a mistake making the switch to 3er party inks. I shure a lot of you have had luck with 3er party inks, but in my case I wasn't so lucky.

5. VINYLIMAGEZ

VINYLIMAGEZ Member

Aug 29, 2007
    got a response From wilcom purty quick.
    here's the response"

Hello Gilbert,

Sorry for your inconvenience. To serve you better, could you please take a picture on the problem prints, then send to us?

We will find out the solution for you very soon.

Regards,

Peter Smith

Wincom Digital Inc.
    Ph: (905) 881-4869
    Fx: (905) 881-1596
    Toll Free: 1-866-838-7040
    support@wincomdigital.com

Visit us at www.WincomDigital.com for monthly specials!

6. VINYLIMAGEZ

VINYLIMAGEZ Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Ill send a picture to them later on today.

7. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005

So I'm guessing here, (make this #1),

You want us to play 20 Questions to help You Solve Your Problem.???

Geeez, how about a little info.
    ie.

It tries to print but little or no ink is delivered!..

On boot up. I get the message, Wrong Ink Installed!..

:help:help:help :banghead::banghead::banghead: