• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrismJET in storage...

Wowee18

I recently purchased a used PrismJET. It has been in storage for approx. 2.5 months now and I need to bring it back online. As it stands it does not print at all - ink is not flowing. I saw it print before it went into storage so I know it works. My question is how do I best go about cleaning it up and getting it producing again? I am aware this will cost money to do, but does anyone have experience in this type of situation?

Many thanks in Grand Rapids, MI
-Markus

Jackpine

Was the ink lines washed (head wash) before storage? If so do an ink fill and then a nozzle check to see if the print heads are firing. You may want to soak the heads and then a nozzle check it the printer ink lines are full. A refurbish kit, as well as other parts, for a Falcons can be bought at www.cmykparts.com. GeiCalgraph techs can be hired but they are not cheap. Your printer came from Sign Warehouse but is not supported anymore. I would call a Mutoh dealer in your area or call Gregory and they can point you in the right direction. There could many reasons for not printing now.
I recently purchased a used PrismJET. It has been in storage for approx. 2.5 months now and I need to bring it back online. As it stands it does not print at all - ink is not flowing. I saw it print before it went into storage so I know it works. My question is how do I best go about cleaning it up and getting it producing again? I am aware this will cost money to do, but does anyone have experience in this type of situation?

Many thanks in Grand Rapids, MI
-Markus