• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

prismjetet xtra62 whats next

MITCHATEXOTIC

In an attempt not to start a slam fest I would like a chance to list some issues with a possible hope for a solution
1.tech "a" replaced board with board with firmware from smaller printer he was referred to me from local vendor who recently dropped MUTOH(Nov.09)
2.printer failed and local tech could not be found so I sent my mother board and power supply to merchant member he sent back new/repaired board and power supply, printer worked for about 10 min.(I ran a nozzle check)
3.They told me it was obviously an install error but if I send it back they will confirm that.
4.Got a call on Friday saying it was all my fault and now the powersupply and board are bad and reffered me to the infamous "Ernie".
5.I am relatively local to "Ernie" but I am concerned by recent post.
6.Now the question is does any one have an alternative or a suggestion to help me get this printer up and running.I am sure I will need a new head and some ink lines by now.THANKS IN ADVANCE....

printwiz79

Hello,

You already know what I feel about Ernie. I had something close happen to me. I decided to change my own pump station. It ran for 1/2 hour and then poof, gone. I pinched a wire and blew both boards. I had a tech come in and he showed me where i went wrong. It was a cable I pinched while reattaching the pump station. ($900.00) mistake. From what I have found out, it could be something very simple that can short the boards out. Any bare wire will cause a short. LOOK OVER EVERY WIRE BEFORE YOU RUN THE MACHINE. Solvent ink can get on wires also and eat through the plastic. This can expose the wire. I also blew a heater board due to a bare wire that was stripped. I have had a lot of printers in my day and looking to retire. I will not miss the blowing up of boards. Good luck with your fix. If the printer was working for some time after you installed it, adding firmware would not have caused the problem you are having. Once again, look over your entire machine or you will blow more boards. Good luck. If you reach Ernie or have him fix your machine, I am sure a few people here would like you to pass on some few words.

Jim Doggett

In an attempt not to start a slam fest I would like a chance to list some issues with a possible hope for a solution
1.tech "a" replaced board with board with firmware from smaller printer he was referred to me from local vendor who recently dropped MUTOH(Nov.09)
2.printer failed and local tech could not be found so I sent my mother board and power supply to merchant member he sent back new/repaired board and power supply, printer worked for about 10 min.(I ran a nozzle check)
3.They told me it was obviously an install error but if I send it back they will confirm that.
4.Got a call on Friday saying it was all my fault and now the powersupply and board are bad and reffered me to the infamous "Ernie".
5.I am relatively local to "Ernie" but I am concerned by recent post.
6.Now the question is does any one have an alternative or a suggestion to help me get this printer up and running.I am sure I will need a new head and some ink lines by now.THANKS IN ADVANCE....

Hi Ernie,

Perhaps we can help. Here's our support contact info:

http://signwarehouse.com/support/

Best Regards,

Jim