• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pro Bond Adhesive Promoter

acothran

I am wondering if any of you use, or have used, the Pro Bond Adhesive Promoter (available from Fellers)? I have a pulling tractor to wrap which is primered. We've wrapped a car with primered hood & fenders with no problems using IJ180C-v3. The tests I've tried on this tractor are not sticking as well as I would like. Just looking for options.

Thanks,
Allen

formanek

Use different material. You shouldn't need primer for that. People are switching from 3M to Avery because of the lower tack on 3M lately. I have been using the MPI 1005 EZ from Avery exclusively on over 20 full semi trailer wraps with no issues in 16 months. USED trailers not new either.

acothran

Josh - I use 3165RA for all of my flat signs and have used 3951RA on a couple of wraps. I know you've used, and raved about, the new 3751RA. I've heard it is less aggressive than 3951RA and that led me to wonder if there is any compromise on less wrap-friendly surfaces (i.e. primered vehicle)?

JoshLoring

Pat White said:
The best adhesion promoter is a real paint job, IMHO.

+1 paint is better

I've used 3951 on primer but there are different primers. Make sure it's not a sandable primer. Epoxy primer works great as it has a solid paint like base.

Never used 3751 on primer but I always make the client use epoxy primer if (once in 6 years) it comes to it.

CheapVehicleWrap

I have this funny feeling your intention is to slather the adhesion promoter on. Few acts could be cheaper. It would be a nightmare to remove if this were done. AP is for edges not fields.

Wraps ink

We use pro bond all the time and it works great! we are using 3m IJ180-CV3 and 8519 overlam I like pro bond because it doesnt get gummy like the primer 94 from 3M been using pro bon for at least 3 years and it holds very well.

acothran

I have this funny feeling your intention is to slather the adhesion promoter on. Few acts could be cheaper. It would be a nightmare to remove if this were done. AP is for edges not fields.

My intent is not to slather the whole tractor with adhesion promotor but to hit some of the problem areas much like Primer 94. From the responses here it looks like Adhesion Promotor is a good product and a good alternative to Primer 94.

Thanks for the help.

Allen

HulkSmash

My intent is not to slather the whole tractor with adhesion promotor but to hit some of the problem areas much like Primer 94. From the responses here it looks like Adhesion Promotor is a good product and a good alternative to Primer 94.

Thanks for the help.

Allen

you don't have to use any primer if you install into the channels rather then bridging over then heating in.