• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pro-Tech Orca I 55" Hot/Cold Laminator w/ June Air Compressor $4200.00 Good Condition

tiredcreations

This is a workhorse with all the bells and whistles, so they say. I've only used it for laminating digital prints with pressure sensitive films. It has dual heated rollers for thermal films or you can use just the heat on the top roller to eliminate silvering. Its laminating capabilities include: One-Pass Mounting, One-Pass Mount and Laminate, Encapsulation, Two-Pass Hot Laminate and Cold Mount, Two-Pass Cold Mount/Cold Laminate. It has the capability of mounting to substrates from 1/16" to 1/2" thick. Those methods and much more are explained in the online users manual,
link here: http://www.mybinding.com/www.mybinding.com/GBC_Orca_I_Manual.pdf

I am the second owner of this laminator, it spent most of it's years in use by the the original owner. The rollers have quite a few slice marks in them and I looked into having them repaired or refinished before I found out that they don't affect the prints. There are a few affordable options but I've used it for over a year and never noticed any flaws in the prints after they're laminated.

The June-Air air compressor is amazingly quiet and an expensive addition. I just noticed it leaking some air around one of the filter fittings, but it seems to only be intermittent.

Price is $4200.00 with local pick-up in Peoria, IL, however, I will do my best to help get it to the buyer. I will help coordinate shipping if you'd like to line-up a carrier or I will entertain the idea of delivering for a fair price.

It's insane how much these laminators cost new and I think this is a great price. I was going to list it on ebay for about $1K more, just thought I'd put it up on the 101 before I do.

Message me with any questions. Thanks

IMAG1981.jpg IMAG1980.jpg IMAG2002.jpg IMAG1991.jpg IMAG2001.jpg