• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Probably a dumb question but......

crny1

Ok, I have a issue and I am not sure how to fix it. Tonight I uninstalled some older versions of Illustrator through CC app. Now when I try to open a EPS the computer doesnt know what program to use to open it. All the file icons are now the white blank looking paper. Now I am not sure how to get the computer recognize a eps and have illustrator open it. If I chose "open with" after right clicking the only option is to open with photoshop (in regards to Adobe software). Anyone help me out with this. Probably something simple and I am over thinking it.......
Thanks in advance.

TimToad

Can you launch Illustrator CC at all?

If so, create a new file and try to place the .eps in it.

Have you cleared your cache, checked to see if there are still any lingering preferences that Didn't get erased when you uninstalled?

asd

if you are on a windows based computer, right click the file and choose open with, in the open with window if you don't see the illustratror program as an option, on the lower right corner there is an option to browse for the program for you to open the file with in your case illustrator.

ikarasu

Reinstall illustrator. It'll fix file associations. I don't like opening with illustrator, some programs have special arguments... I know illustrator will show a preview of the file in the preview pane.when I manually associate it with illustrator that features always end uo broken for me.

Easier to just tell cc to reinstall and it'll fix everything.

crny1

if you are on a windows based computer, right click the file and choose open with, in the open with window if you don't see the illustratror program as an option, on the lower right corner there is an option to browse for the program for you to open the file with in your case illustrator.
I know how to get this far but I do not know which file within the adobe folder I need to chose.
And yes its a windows pc

crny1

Ok, the uninstall and reinstall gave me the option to open with illustrator and they all changed for me. Thanks everyone