• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Probably the youngest Kid in the Industry

xX2SkoopzXx

Hi my names Jon, i have been around the industry since I was a small child. My father owned a large sign company in Central Alberta. I started working there when i was 17. Now 24 and still employed in the industry. I have been using this site for a while and i thought it was time i joined to share my knowledge and mostly to learn something new.

So yay!:thankyou:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Welcome from New Jersey. I started playing in this industry 18 years ago when I was about 10 or 11. My dad had just started our company and I enjoyed playing around with the equipment. A lot has changed since then.

TrimSignz

Hi Jon

I started in this industry about 6 years ago, when i was 21 years old, out of college. Nice to see couple of experienced people here. Now i started my own company in Alberta, hope to grow slowly.

Thanks

Dovette

Welcome from Indiana!

Welcome! :)

I'm younger than you but not by much (23 years old). I came into the industry exactly two years ago. Honestly, I believe it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :)

Chriswagner92

Welcome, I too am young, 22, and "started" in High School running the offset press doing newsletters and graduation stuff. Good times.

TDFcustomSL

Welcome Jon, I started about 9 years ago when I was 17 with zero experience. I was wanting some decals made for my car audio business and figured I could buy a cheap Chinese cutter for the price I could get 100 decals for so I said screw it, took the plunge , and here I am with much better equipment and software...Good luck

darby07

Wow, we have a pretty similar background! My dad has been in the industry for 30+ years. I started when I was 16, cleaning screens for a commercial screen printer and now at 25 I'm a junior estimator. Cheers!

Z SIGNS

I am the youngest

I stopped having birthdays at age 12

Being 12 years old and refusing to grow old has had it pitfalls though.

The smell of 3m hp vinyl is my favorite.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Welcome
I'm afraid my favorite gold 3M squeegee is older than you are......

wayne k
guam usa

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Welcome Jon! I remember regularly being the youngest person in the room.

I started about 8 years ago when I was 22 or 23. I'm glad I did! This industry has given me an ability to feed my family and stay challenged.

-Gene

John Butto

fitch

66 years ago

Attachments

• fitchinhand.jpg
    fitchinhand.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 82

MikePro

greetings from Wisconsin!
yet another life-r here, starting out cleaning toilets & mowing lawns here at the shop since I was 9 and finally getting to put my hands on some sign panels & tools when I was able to get a work permit at the age of 13. Now 31, and still can't get enough of it!

artbot

getting started really young can screw with your perspective. i went pro at 12, now that i'm almost 47, i look at my 15 year old daughter and think "shouldn't you have already started your own business by now?".... of course she's an academic genius so she's got better things to do. and her dad is a bit more of a cautionary tale then an inspiration... so maybe in some way i can take credit for her sticking to the books like she does or else she might "turn out like dad".