• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

probem printing PMS colors

asd

Hi, everyone I have a roland sp300v and latety I've been problems printing any pms colors I had to reprint a job for a customer about a year old and the colors are way off also noticed that no matter what color I try to print is just off, when I do a test print the heads are printing fine, is it possible to roll back all those versaworks updates?

cdiesel

Not sure if the 300v was included with the RIPC updates, but we noticed a definite color shift using the newer profiles. Are you working in vector or raster? If you're using vector, use RolandColor. If you're using raster, try printing a PMS chart. Of course, the colors won't match, but you may be able to pick a color that you can identify and your printer can output reliably. Of course this is only a bandaid, and profiling correctly is the ultimate answer.

asd

Not sure if the 300v was included with the RIPC updates, but we noticed a definite color shift using the newer profiles. Are you working in vector or raster? If you're using vector, use RolandColor. If you're using raster, try printing a PMS chart. Of course, the colors won't match, but you may be able to pick a color that you can identify and your printer can output reliably. Of course this is only a bandaid, and profiling correctly is the ultimate answer.

I work with vector files 99% of the time, what is rolandcolor? and the updates are set up automatically, versaworks will download and install the updates

cdiesel

RolandColor is something Roland came up with about 18 months or so ago. It allows you to print a color chip chart with specially named colors. You can then use these named colors in your design program (Corel & Illy both work, not sure about others) to hit the colors exactly. It takes profiling out of the mix, by specifying exactly how to mix the CMYK, and doesn't allow the profile to touch the named colors. Any other unnamed colors in the file will be affected by the profile as normal.

You may already have it and not know it. Go to the Media drop down menu and you should see "Create Roland Color System Library". Click there, and select one of the models. That will add it to your print queue. Print it out. You'll find the palettes that need to be added to Corel or Illy in the /roland versaworks/swatch/*corel or illustrator*

Just make the vector object you want to print the specified color, and you should be good to go.. so long as you can find the color you need.

asd

RolandColor is something Roland came up with about 18 months or so ago. It allows you to print a color chip chart with specially named colors. You can then use these named colors in your design program (Corel & Illy both work, not sure about others) to hit the colors exactly. It takes profiling out of the mix, by specifying exactly how to mix the CMYK, and doesn't allow the profile to touch the named colors. Any other unnamed colors in the file will be affected by the profile as normal.

You may already have it and not know it. Go to the Media drop down menu and you should see "Create Roland Color System Library". Click there, and select one of the models. That will add it to your print queue. Print it out. You'll find the palettes that need to be added to Corel or Illy in the /roland versaworks/swatch/*corel or illustrator*

Just make the vector object you want to print the specified color, and you should be good to go.. so long as you can find the color you need.

Thanks