• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem black dots Mimaki CJV150

Aver

Hello ,
We have an issue with our Mimaki CJV150.
It's not easy to explain in English so i post a picture :
attachment.php

As you can see there are some small black dots.:covereyes:
what could be ? how can we solve it ?

Many thanks

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 404

Stormyj

Just another guy
Its interesting that when you look closely, a lot of the dots or sets of dots are identical. Which leads me to believe its a misfiring problem. Perhaps a card or print head acting up? Maybe a cable? Maybe disconnect cables going to print heads one at a time and reseat.

UNPLUG first please!!!

:thankyou:

Aver

Its interesting that when you look closely, a lot of the dots or sets of dots are identical. Which leads me to believe its a misfiring problem. Perhaps a card or print head acting up? Maybe a cable? Maybe disconnect cables going to print heads one at a time and reseat.

UNPLUG first please!!!

:thankyou:

interestung point of view... I'll try to disconnect the cables like you suggest.
Only one question, if is a misfiring problem like you say wouldn't be dirty the test print also? Because our test print is clean and perfect...

thank you in advance. I'll keep you informed

Stormyj

Just another guy
Im not sure. With a test print, it fires all nozzles at the same time so it might not happen. a Mimaki rep would know more than me.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would check the bottom of the print head to make sure ink isn't building up and creating inkcicles that are allowing ink to drop off the head while printing. Also, update the firmware to the latest version. The CJV150s had a few issues out of the box that Mimaki fixed with a firmware update.

Sponge in the Capping station

I have had some ink strikes similar to this on my CJV 150 and it appears that the sponge in the capping station is full of gunk and the gunk was transferring to the plate of the print head carriage then drips/strikes on the media.

If the print was similar but not very consistent in size and distance you might want to check that sponge and rub it clean.