Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Converting TTF

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by _SAi_, Aug 18, 2008.

1. _SAi_

_SAi_ Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Hi,

Has anyone encountered, and hopefully fixed, the problem of trying to convert a true-type font over to Gerber Omega and receiving the error message "Can't write softfont" ?

I am thinking it is a ttf font problem. I have tried the conversion in Omega 1.56 and 2.02.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I haven't encountered it but there may be some embedded prohibition in the font preventing the conversion. What happens if you do a "Disjoin" instead of a straight conversion? If you can disjoin it, you can make it into a more fully functional Gerber font than the straight conversion produces anyway.

Here's a link to a tutorial on using Disjoin and Gerber Font Designer. It takes longer to read than to do the conversion but it's worth the trouble.

If all else fails, you can always enter the font as Small Text and then disable the Small Text Smart Edit functions to get the text into Composer.

3. elibetjun

elibetjun New Member

please resend link

this link is not connecting for me - please resend the link to learn how to correct the error problem "can't write softfont"
    thank you !

4. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
  5. elibetjun

elibetjun New Member

thank you so much

thank you so much for your quick response - I will try to manage the steps now lol ...

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Try this link instead of the archive one. It has screen shots.