• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem Converting TTF

_SAi_

Hi,

Has anyone encountered, and hopefully fixed, the problem of trying to convert a true-type font over to Gerber Omega and receiving the error message "Can't write softfont" ?

I am thinking it is a ttf font problem. I have tried the conversion in Omega 1.56 and 2.02.

Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I haven't encountered it but there may be some embedded prohibition in the font preventing the conversion. What happens if you do a "Disjoin" instead of a straight conversion? If you can disjoin it, you can make it into a more fully functional Gerber font than the straight conversion produces anyway.

Here's a link to a tutorial on using Disjoin and Gerber Font Designer. It takes longer to read than to do the conversion but it's worth the trouble.

If all else fails, you can always enter the font as Small Text and then disable the Small Text Smart Edit functions to get the text into Composer.

elibetjun

please resend link

this link is not connecting for me - please resend the link to learn how to correct the error problem "can't write softfont"
thank you !

elibetjun

thank you so much

thank you so much for your quick response - I will try to manage the steps now lol ...