• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem getting vinyl to stick on Valspar

slipperyfrog

Have a 12' x 1' cut vinyl saying to go on an interior wall. Having a hell of a time getting it to stick. The paint on the wall is Valspar Signature semi-gloss interior latex. There is a slight texture to wall but nothing bad that I had a problem with before.

I have now tried three vinyls to no avail. Oracal 751, 651, and yesterday 631. I have wiped down the walls and cleaned them. After a couple of days the letters peel up and fall off. Paint was done 5 months ago. I would have painted this but the customer does not want painted letters.

Any advice on vinyl to use or how to fix this? I'm getting frustrated and about to pull out the spray adhesive. :p

Billct2

Valspar Signature™
Paint + Primer
Plus Hi-DEF®Advanced Color Overall rating
3.1 / 5 .
Rating breakdown 32 reviews5 Stars134 Stars23 Stars22 Stars61 Star9Color Selection 4.2 / 5 .Coverage 3 / 5 .Quality 3.3 / 5 .Value 2.9 / 5 .
14 out of 32(44%)customers recommend this product.
Read all 32 reviews Write a review .•Hi-DEF Advanced Color for ultimate hide and precise color
•Our highest-quality interior paint
•Exceptional coverage and quality
•Superior fade resistance
•Low odor, low VOC
•Stain resistant and scrubbable
•Gives a mildew-resistant finish

•100% acrylic latex for superior adhesion
•Lifetime warranty

That's the problem.

GP

Yep - I had the same problem with some sign panels I short-cutted and painted with Valspar.

I had to repaint.

Too bad - it is a decent wall paint.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like Billc said.... it's meant to repel most anything.

It's like trying to get a cow to put milk in one of them thar lil' plastic cups for coffee. How do they do that ?? cream.jpg