• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem importing to Versaworks

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble with importing a pdf into versaworks. This file was created by another design firm and sent to me in pdf form. I have done alot of printing for them and this is one of the first encounters of this. figure 1 is the pdf and the way it is supposed to look. figure 2 is the file when imported into versaworks. if you can see at the top and bottom there are white boxes. Can anyone help on why this is happening and a possible fix.

Attachments

• figure1.jpg
    figure1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
  • figure2.JPG
    figure2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 84

neil_se

The issue is caused by the drop shadow effect of the white box overlaid on top. Need to fully flatten in Illustrator or change the rendering intent (I don't think you can in Versaworks though).

hansman

Another option would be to simply force it open in Photoshop and saving out as a tiff for final output.
Be sure to choose the correct output resolution.

shoresigns

Versaworks has difficulty with complex PDF files, especially when there are transparent images embedded. Watch out for it whenever you get artwork like this from clients, and flatten to TIFF in Photoshop if you need to, as the others mentioned.