• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem installing flexi

cajunsignguy

I am trying to install flexi 6.6 on xp. I installed the program and plugged in the dongle key. When I try to run the program, it tells me that a hardware key is required and can not be found. Can anyone help?

signage

If you are running xp you may need to update the aladin hasp key driver. either go to scanvecs web site or aladin and update the driver software.

signage

It's the cmos that runs the hardware of you computer. When your computer starts up there should be directions for entering setup/bios. If you are not familiar with and you choose the wrong settings, you could mess up your bios and make your computer inoperable. Most xp machine that I have seen use epp not ecp. I'm not sure if this would cause the dongle not to work, may want to check with ScanvecAmiable.

cajunsignguy

Thanks for the help. Downloaded the updated hasp and im up and running. Unfortunatly, I now have another problem. When I try to cut/plot, the production manager asks for the make and model of my plotter. I am running a Designtech 60 and it is not listed. Im sure its because 6.6 is an older program. Anyone know how to get around this. Thanks

ahollow

Try choosing "Graphtec CE3000" as the plotter type. The DesignTec is SSK's rebranded version of the Graphtec.