Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem installing font please help

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by mondo, Jun 11, 2008.

1. mondo

mondo Active Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The font is Caribbean Island. I did actually install it but I couldn't find it on the drop down list on Photoshop and Illustrator (mac). Its on the font folder but its not showing on any application. I tried it on PC and it says its a Times New Roman (TT) and I've check on the properties and it says Time New Roman. Im a little bit out of my mind right now:banghead: I dont know what to do. Any help would be great! I need aspirin!

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Have you tried a reboot?

3. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

did you close your applications and restart them after you installed the font?

4. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Boston
    If it was a free font, often times the actual display name differs from the actual file name look around in there, Ai and Ps are pretty smart, Ill bet its there somewhere

5. mondo

mondo Active Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I did close the applications and just tried rebooting. I've also check each and every font on the mac. But I think you're right Mason coz when I double click on the font it says there Times New Roman (TrueType). And when I drag the Caribbean Island to the Windows Font folder its says "The Times New Roman (TT) font is already installed. And on the Mac under the Caribbean Island was Times New Roman. :banghead:

6. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    It does the same thing on my puter!