Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem loading eps files

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Precision Eng, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Precision Eng

Precision Eng Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Iowa
    Not sure what's going on here, but I have been creating files in Corel X3
    for quite some time, saving them as .eps and then loading them into Flexi Pro
    with no problem. All of a sudden, the files will no longer load. The file appears
    to load but I just end up with a blank screen, nothing.

Re-installed Flexi which did not correct the problem.

Got me stumped.

Mike

Tags:
  2. Mardi

Mardi Member

May 19, 2006
    when you export, make sure it is checked on eps level2 and not level3

3. Precision Eng

Precision Eng Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Iowa
    Mardi,

It is set for level 2, the same settings I have been using for months.

Mike

4. Mardi

Mardi Member

May 19, 2006
    Try importing one of older files that you know are ok to determine whether it is the problem of Corel or Flexi. Or email me the EPS and I can try to import it into my flexi

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    It depends on content. There are some things that Flexi seems unable to handle. Simple vector stuff comes over straight away, usually. Various combinations of complex fills, transparencies, drop shadows, and bound special effects tend to upset it.

6. Precision Eng

Precision Eng Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Iowa
    I did a compete uninstall of Flexi with a utility I have instead of using the windows uninstaller, re-installed Flexi and its working again, why I don't know.

Before all this happened Flexi would load/import any .eps file whether it was created with corel, adobe, signlab, etc with no problem. Then it quit accepting corel .eps files this morning. Now its back and running. Beyond me!

I could maybe understand a problem if I had changed something in the system, but it has been the same for months.

Mike

7. Precision Eng

Precision Eng Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Iowa
    I figured it out... Its SUNDAY!

Note suppose tobe working on these things today...

One of the benifits of being self-employed...

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It may have to do with a common file to both Corel and Flexi which may be slightly different. If Corel overwrote the Flexi version it may have caused the problem and now Flexi has overwritten the Corel version.

My experience with problem imports is that there is usually something in the original file that the importing program can't deal with. In Illustrator it is often a special effect that has not been expanded. Corel may have similar things going on.

If you would like a real head scratcher, try opening or importing an EPS file exported out of Flexi with Flexi or out of Corel with Corel. In most cases it will tell you that it isn't an Illustrator file. In other words, each application has problems dealing with its own creations.