• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem need help

josh29j

Im no professional but I have a customer that design her own logo but I am unable to open the .ai file in my lxi design software..it is a older software..she used photoshop to create the image..I think the problem is that it is saved as a newer file type than I am able to use...help please??

tell her you are unable to open and have her save out as .eps If she designed in PS or AI she should know how to save as an older format. Then you should be able to open it no problem.

josh29j

I tried to explain to her what I needed with no luck..if you don't mind I would appreciate it if you could help me out

I returned the file via email to you. I exported as a .eps You shouldn't have any issues opening it. If you do just let me know and we can try something else. But I got the file open no problem.

because the file he sent me was not .ps it was an .ai file and she had vector artwork in the file. If I saved as .jpg you loose the vector side of it. then you can't cut vinyl or do contour cut stickers.