• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem on printhead

fingerprint

I have a problem with my Roland vp540 dx4 printhead, Can someone help me? please check the attached image.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• P1070059.jpg
    P1070059.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 111

Desert_Signs

Carriage cable? Shorted printhead? Look and see if you have an ink leak on top of the head. That's most likely an electrical problem.

fingerprint

the print head is clean like normal, i dont have ink leak. and now when i print it prints like this. see image attached...

Attachments

• P1070060.jpg
    P1070060.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107

meritan

it's electrical problem, checks head cable, if put correctly, if yes, maybe head board, and you must take an tech

fingerprint

i checked the wires, i replaced them with the black printhead wires so the signal from cyan printhead would be sent on black printhead, but still cyan printhead shoots full ink. so the wires are ok.
the electronics on top of the printhead look ok, there is nothing on them (ink etc). even the technician dont know what it is, its the first time he sees something like this.
the only thing left i think is to replace the printhead with a used one to see how it prints... any ides or something you may know that i can try?

fingerprint

also the head board is ok because if it was that, when i connect the cyan wires with the black printhead the the problem should occur with the black...

heyskull

This is a number of easily fixed problems or one expensive one.

1. Head cable swap with new OEM ones.

2. Ink contaminant on the ribbon cable or on the print head circuit and cable socket remove print head and clean thouroughly.

3. Slider Board, Swap cables to check that your problem remains on the Cyan channel.

4. Print head has gone bad (This is the most likely cause and most expensive)

When replacing the print head replace the head cables with new OEM ones.

SC

i checked the wires, i replaced them with the black printhead wires so the signal from cyan printhead would be sent on black printhead, but still cyan printhead shoots full ink. so the wires are ok.
the electronics on top of the printhead look ok, there is nothing on them (ink etc). even the technician dont know what it is, its the first time he sees something like this.
the only thing left i think is to replace the printhead with a used one to see how it prints... any ides or something you may know that i can try?

I've seen this many times and based on the troubleshooting you did (swapping cables and slider position) I'd unfortunately have to say that it's the Head. Check us out online for DX4 Heads in genuine Roland packaging at very competetive prices.