• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem Printing from Gerber Omega

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
Having problem printing to a new HP Officejet Pro 9010e Series Desktop paper printer directly from inside my Gerber Omega 2.6 program. When I try Print or even Print Preview it locks up Gerber and shuts it down.
Gerber program is working fine and cutting on plotter from the program works fine, just not paper printing.
Printhead went out on my last HP Desktop printer 3 to 4yrs old and I bought a new HP and installed it.
It printed paper to the old HP fine from Gerber on it before. All I did was change out the printer.
I can print from any other program to the new HP printer fine. Just will not print from inside Gerber program.
Tried different new and saved files all same problem. I can export the file I am trying to print and it will print from the desktop just not inside Gerber.

Attachments

• IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 346

netsol

You can try going to
Control panel>system and security>administrative tools>event viewer
Be very patient and wait till it finishes reading data...
See if anything is written for gerber omega, possibly under application

If there is, you can try googling it

Adam.Foster

Omega 2.6 was released 15 years ago and worked on Windows XP. Microsoft changed a lot of backend drivers and support files that Omega 2.6 and paper printers required. Newer paper printers are known to have issues with programs designed for windows xp due to the lack of legacy file support. Your best option would be to upgrade to Omega 7.0 on a supported version of Windows.

zillion29

Omega 2.6 was released 15 years ago and worked on Windows XP. Microsoft changed a lot of backend drivers and support files that Omega 2.6 and paper printers required. Newer paper printers are known to have issues with programs designed for windows xp due to the lack of legacy file support. Your best option would be to upgrade to Omega 7.0 on a supported version of Windows.
Might be cheaper to find a 15 year old printer still in the box than spend the $$$ on a new Omega upgrade.

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
Thanks for the information. I'll just export to my desktop & print from there. Don't want to change Omega since it's working fine other than paper printing.
Upgraded to CorelDrawX7 on my Roland Printer computer and it changed almost every colors in my artwork / designs on all of old my saved files. It was a nightmare. But I found a way to work around it