• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem printing test -CJV30 160-

ironchef

Thanks. I been using the swabs to clean the printhead. I just dab on it(soaked in cleaning solution), not swipe or brush. It comes back everyday. Ink drops. What could cause the ink dropping? They have replaced the cap station and pump already. Ill send the cap station pic shortly.thanks

Masseria

remove right sponge in cap station(next to the captop)... this was solution for me to stop the drops in the printhead and made the print look like nozzles were clogged.

ironchef

I see. Thanks. Ill try it. But i don't think that is the correct solution. If mimaki put it there. Its important... right?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They also put a peice of metal that rubs on the wash tube eventually wearing a hole in it. That is also important.... :Big Laugh

All kidding aside I doubt it will really hurt the machine to remove that small ink spit pad to the right of the cap but I'd suggest keeping it or at minimum replacing it if it is clogged up with ink.

ironchef

Here is the station

Attachments

• image-4178307323.jpg
    image-4178307323.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 108

mustafade

This is how mine looks like and I changed the sponge couple months ago.

Attachments

• 2012-10-15 16.21.11.jpg
    2012-10-15 16.21.11.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 101

Jobraj

Thanks. I been using the swabs to clean the printhead. I just dab on it(soaked in cleaning solution), not swipe or brush. It comes back everyday. Ink drops. What could cause the ink dropping? They have replaced the cap station and pump already. Ill send the cap station pic shortly.thanks
If your dampers have blistered it will cause ink drops onto the print.