• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem printing to Gerber edge from flexisign

I'm I hope some of you guys can help, recently purchased a gerber edge 1 and GS15+
Currently I'm only using flexisign to print from when I test printed on the Gerber edge test prints are fine but when printing from flexisign I keep getting lines appearing through my prints please see picture one this was at 100mm x 280mm solid box. And pic 2. I have followed the instructions from flexisign regarding parallel port setting and unchecked the standard LPT driver box. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the warp 9 driver not working and the information is not getting to the Gerber edge fast enough hence the lines. I followed the instructions to remove the driver and then reinstall it but the driver is still showing as stopped. Please see pic 3.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 204
I'm going to try to convert the parallel port to sub and test that, not expecting much there. If that fails I'll use the gerber software and dongle. Didn't want to use any other software. Too use to flexisign now.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Try calling sai or shooting them an email. I know there is a member on here from sai and I contacted her a few times about some questions I had. I can't remember her name though

Hi Fred can't f any threads about the line in the prints.
my flexisign is not in trail mode. I use it every day printing to my versacamm.
it just the gerber prints that are the problem. I'm sure the parallel port driver is the problem. It should be showing as running, but it stays in stopped state, i'm sure I need this in order to send the data fast enough .

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hi Fred can't f any threads about the line in the prints.
my flexisign is not in trail mode. I use it every day printing to my versacamm.
it just the gerber prints that are the problem. I'm sure the parallel port driver is the problem. It should be showing as running, but it stays in stopped state, i'm sure I need this in order to send the data fast enough .

You're confusing me with J Hill. He questioned whether you might have a trial version.

While I have a license for Flexi Pro I am primarily an Omega user. I basically have your stated problem in reverse ... I don't use Flexi to drive my Edge because the logic and order of things used in Flexi is often the exact opposite of Omega. Flexi is great for design and driving your inkjets. Omega was written to do things with the Edge that aren't even present in Flexi, particularly when it comes to using spot colors, whereas the Edge is just another printer to Flexi.

The uk distributer has sent me a pdf of how to resolve this problem. They say it's a conflict between the omega software and flexi, I know it's not because I have not yet installed any omega software.

Jburns

that really looks like the trial version of flexi and edge printing.

what version of flexi, and do you have the dongle?

TomK

The uk distributer has sent me a pdf of how to resolve this problem. They say it's a conflict between the omega software and flexi, I know it's not because I have not yet installed any omega software.

Can you share this? I can't even get my Flexi to see my Edge, and I've tried every option/port available.

Omega on the same computer prints just fine to it.

Hi Tom
Ok progress report so far, see page 28, ref Using Flexi & Gerber on the same system
warp 9 Driver Issue. the driver is actually called par1284. what I learned so far
as a default my parallel port was set to LPT3 If I send data to the gerber it prints wit lines across it.
if you view the state of the driver it says it is not running, thus its using the slower windows driver
which causes this problem,. but I found that if I change the parallel port to LPT1,
Go to Device Manager , Ports Com & LPT, Pci Parallel Port. Right Click Properties, Port Settings,

Change Port Number to LPT1,
Then Check System Information, System Drivers

look for par1284 State should read running. this means the warp 9drier is active.

But even though I have change the port to LPT1 and changed the Flexi Production manager setting to LPT1
Nothing is now printing to the edge, as if It's not recognised ?

will keep trying to solve this.

Attachments

• Flexi Output on the Gerber EDGE.pdf
    924.2 KB · Views: 1,444

RG

Which operating system? Do you know that the parallel cable is good? If not, try another cable. If there is a slot open in your computer, install a pci parallel card. If there is another computer available, try it. I have been using an Edge 1 & 2 for years with Windows XP and 7. No problems here. My setup in Flexi looks like this: Port - LPT1, Transmission Rate - 8192, Mode - ECP. "Use standard LPT driver" is not checked. "Yield if the port is busy" is checked. Good luck.

TomK

Did you have to setup a 3rd party lpt to usb driver to get this working?

Windows doesn't see the gerber on any lpt ports, it see's it as a WinUSB to Parallel Cable in device manager.

Working with Flexi, and they aren't sure yet either.

Tom

RG

I don't think your OS (windows) will ever see the Edge. There are no windows drivers for it. It won't show up in your "Printers & Devices" folder. All that matters is that Flexi communicates with the printer.

TomK

Flexi techs spent an hour this morning trying to get it to work, with no success. Tried the settings listed here, etc.

Surprised no one at Flexi ever had to get an Edge working within Flexi, especially since they officially support it.

For now, still having to use Flexi and Omega, which is a PITA, esp since they don't read each others file formats.

TomK

Oh, and Gerber told me "not our problem, call Flexi, we gave them the printer drivers, their problem now".

Good stuff.