Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem printing White Foil on Gerber Edge

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by WispiWI, Feb 7, 2014.

1. WispiWI

WispiWI New Member

Apr 16, 2012
    We have a older Gerber Edge and we recently have been having problems when printing a solid white. I have included a photo showing the issue. Has anyone else run across this? It doesn't do it every time ,but it seems to print that way more often than correctly.

Attached Files:

2. Lauren

Lauren Member

Jul 31, 2013
    We used to get this while printing orange on our old Edge and my coworker mentioned that it was a "cat scratch". I don't know all the details, but it has to do with the temperature. In our case it was running too hot. I did find this comment in another article though "Also, if you're doing backing white, you may need to turn up your print temp in the software. Usually, overprint compensates enough, but turning it on manually in the GSPplot screen is always a good safeguard."

Try adjusting your temp manually and see if that helps. Good luck!