Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Reinstalling Flexi.

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Steve C., Jun 18, 2006.

1. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    I was having networking problems with a computer so I had to use the restore disk. After the problem was worked out I reinstalled all the software. Last on the list was Flexi 7.6v2. It keeps telling me that my User # does not match my Password. I'm using numbers right off the hasp and it just keeps happening. Got any Ideas? I'll call SW on Monday, but thought maybe someone would have an answer. The hasp driver was installed ok and the light comes on. Thanks. Using windows XP.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Has you 7.6.2 been upgraded from a version earlier than version 7. If so you would have been issued a new 20 character serial number. The only thing that doesn't change with your dongle is the user number.

3. Steve C.

May 22, 2003
    No, have only upgraded from 7.5v5. I even tried installing the original disk first. But same thing happens.

4. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Look at the registry keys for Flexi. Some of the restore setups don't always wipe everything, especially the registry, which is supposed to be more convenient for consumers so they don't have to re-register every thing they ever put on the computer.

5. gerald

gerald Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Are you having trouble with Flexi or the dongle driver? If it's the dongle go to http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp.asp and download the XP driver for the dongle. I had an install issue and I had to do this to make it work.

6. Steve C.

May 22, 2003
    Mark, I'm not sure what the Registry Keys are or where to find them. I'll look into that when I get to the shop in the morning.

Gerald, I'm pretty sure that there is no problem with the dongle/hasp. Going through the install instructions, you will know that the driver is installed when the light comes on. And the light is on. I will also look at that again when I go back to the shop.

Thanks.

7. emo1959

emo1959 Member

Jun 4, 2006
    I just went through the same thing. Scanvec's website has a new hasp driver download because XP is causing a problem with it. You can try that.

8. Steve C.

May 22, 2003
    Well, turns out I was inverting 2 of the numbers. And did it 6 time! Guess my Dislexia(sp) got the best of me.:Oops:

9. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Or (ducking as I say this Quietly with respect!) age steve ?I have problems installing some times & make wife type the serials as I miss things or invert them & they tell me it is AGE not sure tho ? Maybe ask Arlo or one of them OLd Guys HaHaHaHaHa:U Rock:
    :peace!::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

10. Steve C.

May 22, 2003
    Right, Cadmn. And that's not all I've screwed up lately. I seem to be on a roll.