• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem Reinstalling Flexi.

Steve C.

I was having networking problems with a computer so I had to use the restore disk. After the problem was worked out I reinstalled all the software. Last on the list was Flexi 7.6v2. It keeps telling me that my User # does not match my Password. I'm using numbers right off the hasp and it just keeps happening. Got any Ideas? I'll call SW on Monday, but thought maybe someone would have an answer. The hasp driver was installed ok and the light comes on. Thanks. Using windows XP.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Has you 7.6.2 been upgraded from a version earlier than version 7. If so you would have been issued a new 20 character serial number. The only thing that doesn't change with your dongle is the user number.

Steve C.

Fred Weiss said:
Has you 7.6.2 been upgraded from a version earlier than version 7.

No, have only upgraded from 7.5v5. I even tried installing the original disk first. But same thing happens.

mark in tx

Look at the registry keys for Flexi. Some of the restore setups don't always wipe everything, especially the registry, which is supposed to be more convenient for consumers so they don't have to re-register every thing they ever put on the computer.

Steve C.

Mark, I'm not sure what the Registry Keys are or where to find them. I'll look into that when I get to the shop in the morning.

Gerald, I'm pretty sure that there is no problem with the dongle/hasp. Going through the install instructions, you will know that the driver is installed when the light comes on. And the light is on. I will also look at that again when I go back to the shop.

Thanks.

emo1959

I just went through the same thing. Scanvec's website has a new hasp driver download because XP is causing a problem with it. You can try that.

Steve C.

Well, turns out I was inverting 2 of the numbers. And did it 6 time! Guess my Dislexia(sp) got the best of me.:Oops:

Cadmn

Steve C. said:
Well, turns out I was inverting 2 of the numbers. And did it 6 time! Guess my Dislexia(sp) got the best of me.:Oops:
Or (ducking as I say this Quietly with respect!) age steve ?I have problems installing some times & make wife type the serials as I miss things or invert them & they tell me it is AGE not sure tho ? Maybe ask Arlo or one of them OLd Guys HaHaHaHaHa:U Rock:
:peace!::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: