• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem saving documents and the color showing up correctly

J

john1

Hey guys, Using X6 and for some reason when i save a document as a jpg and then upload it via email attachment and or forum attachment it shows up as RGB instead of CMYK like it is when it's designed in Corel.

What i end up having to do is take a screen shot then paste it into PAINT, yes PAINT and then save it as a jpg there for it to display correctly colorwise.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Left is how the images SHOULD look when uploaded and the right is the aftermath aka my problem.

Thanks!

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 90
J

john1

Anyone? This is a huge issue as i can't send proofs to my customers correctly.

Only way to to screen shot the corel file opened, paste into ms paint but i can't do that with multi page pdf's....

Have talked to Corel and reset the program, repaired it and all.

Attachments

• Untitled6.jpg
    Untitled6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 77
J

john1

Found a kind of small fix for it, Gotta save output as rgb and it's fine on email attachments and uploaded proofs

J

john1

Never had a problem before though, For a good 5 years. That's my issue.

Just sent a pdf proof to a client that had dark navy and it came out on their end on the screen as royal blue (super vibrant)

the graphics co

You can't guarantee that the colors will display on other computers correctly, perhaps your clients color settings are messed up. I just make a note on all proofs that colors displayed on your monitor may not exactly reflect final colors. If they need an accurately colored proof, i send them a physical sample. Just a thought. Have you tried designing in rgb to see if they display properly?

J

john1

I know that, That's basics of color management. I'm not that dumb lol

If i design in rgb it displays fine but you don't print in rgb

Why does the saved file appear good on my computer color wise, then when i email it to customers the colors are crazy bright. It's seriously night and day, look at the above proofs i exampled for you all.

When i go into my sent folder for emails, i can then see the color change myself. Appears like this on my ipad as well as iphone and laptop. BUT, If myself or the client saves the proofs to our desktops or what not it appears normal (like it should). This poses a problem since not everyone now a days uses a laptop of desktop.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just because you don't print in RGB doesn't mean to not design in RGB. The RIPs job is to convert/process colors to the correct output.

Design in RGB color space so that monitors display correctly and let your RIP print correctly due to correctly setup profiles.

To get to the root of your question, are you embedding the color profile in the files?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just remember digital backlight displays use RGB, and print is typically CMYK... this is due to the way light is display in both mediums. RGB is has a base of black and adds light/color waves, CMYK has a base of white and blocks/reflects light/color waves.

J

john1

I'm about to give up and go buy the newest Adobe as i didn't have this program with them when used it at another shop. Arrrrrrrr

J

john1

Only after it's sent via email, uploaded to forum whatever.

If i save it in RGB color during the saving options it's fine but that doesn't cut it when you print.

So frustrating

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why does it print wrong as an RGB file? if you have your printer profiled correctly your RIP should print the colors correctly.

BTW if its only after you send it, it has something to do with the JPG packet not corel. It is probably one of the settings you have chosen when you save... Do you still have your old version of Corel loaded? Can you back save the cdr file and try to export it as a JPG out of the older version and take note of the settings being used if the colors are correct?

J

john1

But would a certain setting make the PDF do the same stuff?

I have tried with proof colors on and off and everything.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If its a global color setting in corel it could... it sounds like you might have some other issue going on with your computer ifs only after you send it.

J

john1

What do you typically save a rough jpg proof as? CMYK or RGB to send to customer for review let's say if it's a logo.

If i save the proof as RGB it displays fine to the customer but i have some customers i don't do printing for just brochure design and when i send them pdf's they freak out cause the colors look ALOT brighter than what was designed.

Christian @ 2CT Media

For your paper clients, provide the files in RGB and have their printer convert it to CMYK half tones for offset printing... This will give you less headaches and give them the best results for that printing process.