• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem whit xaar printer

lerscom

Hi, I been having this problem whit a xaar 128/80 printer, I,ve already change the ink, I switch the printhead betwen the black and magenta, changed the cable, and keep having this problem only in the magenta and sometimes in the cyan, here is the video, hope someone can help me whit this one

[video=youtube;fN1VvETd7M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1VvETd7M8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;fN1VvETd7M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1VvETd7M8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thanks

Luis Rios

Last edited by a moderator:

artbot

are you doing a data swap to see if the carriage board is sending good data? also what kind of printer is this?

lerscom

are you doing a data swap to see if the carriage board is sending good data? also what kind of printer is this?

Its a Gongzeng gzy series from 2007 how can I make the data swap, here its a picture of the carriage board

thanks cb.jpg

artbot

you may have accomplished by "switching the heads". essentially a data swap is sending data from a carriage board port to an adjacent (next to) but different head to see if the head is the cause or the data coming from the board is the cause. for instance, if you believe that the magenta head is faulty, plug the magenta head and it's ribbon into the nearest functioning port/channel on the carriage board. if the magenta head does the exact same thing with a different channel's data, then you know that the magenta head is the cause, or possibly the ribbon to the magenta head. likewise, if when the magenta head is plugged into a nearby carriage board port and the issue goes away, then it is likely that the port on the carriage board is sending bad/corrupted data to the healthy magenta head.

from the looks of the video, i'd suggest that you have ink in a print head port, a ribbon is not seated properly in the carriage board or head, or you have a bad ribbon. you may have a blown head but i'd isolate this before assuming a head is bad.

lerscom

Yes it has filter, so far i swap the data head and it keeps doing it on the magenta, I flush the cyan and magenta line whit half liter solvent, and it clears the magenta, and now the problem its more visible in the cyan I´m going to flush the cyan again and see if it clears the cyan now.

thanks for your help