• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with application tape

Chris...

I'm using 3M 7125 vinyl and R Tape AT75 Clear Choice® - Clear High Tack. The vinyl does not release from the tape when applying the decal. Am I using the wrong combination of vinyl/tape?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It's high tack tape...and clear tapes always seem more aggressive. Try the AT60 if you need clear.

oksigns

I'm using 3M 7125 vinyl and R Tape AT75 Clear Choice® - Clear High Tack. The vinyl does not release from the tape when applying the decal. Am I using the wrong combination of vinyl/tape?

Depends on the final dimensions especially if it is not laminated. Sounds like you need the medium tack or possibly low low tack for this application.

MikePro

especially why i don't like the plastic transfer tapes.... with the paper-based transfer masks, you can always wet it with water for easier peel/release.