• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Atlantic Computer Services

orfeo25

Hi All

I'm a owner of two Mutoh Rockhopper II.
The last year i bought from Atlantic Computer Servcies (Ernie Radicchi...), the motherboard for one of these plotters, because mine had a problem with a head fuse, and trying to change it i burnt the board.
The board arrive in a week +/-, and after installing, worked perfectly, and is still working. For that board I payed 1600$, including shipment.

I have to add that i'm in BARCELONA -SPAIN, and had some qualms about sending money (specially 1650$, but here i would had to spend the double for the same piece + the technical service) to someone that is a bunch of miles away form here, but seems i was lucky.

At the begining of this year, i bought the 2nd Rockhopper II (used), but this one had a problem with the CR Board.

Satisfied with purchase with Ernie, i emailed him again to find the CR Board. After a couples of mails, confirming price and the way of shipmnet, i sent the money via Western Union. (290$).
This happened in early September.

TODAY
I still waiting for the board
I didn't recive any answer of my emails,
Anybody answer the phone that appear in the webpage of Atlantic Computer Services.

I have read a couple of threads about ppl that had some problems with him, and seems that here is the only place he could answer or giving some explanation.

So Ernie, i dont know what's the problem with you, but i PAID 290,00$ for a CR BOARD (working) and I WANT IT and NEED IT.

PLEASE, PM HERE to solve this issue, once for all.

andy

Can't help much with the current problem BUT.... in future I strongly recommend that you only use a credit card to by stuff mail order.

Here in the UK you receive what is called Section 73 protection..... when a company takes your money and fails to deliver your credit card company reimburse you the full amount and then chase the company direct.

I'm pretty sure section 73 is part of an EU directive so you should be covered by the same thing down in Spain.

Never, ever use Western Union.... it's like handing over cash... no tracking, no recourse, no protection.

orfeo25

Yeah, i know that, the guy in western union give me the same advice.
I will search info about this Section 73 protection, here in Spain, thanks.

But the first time he could keep the money and not send anything, however in a week i had the board here.
So for this transaction i trusted in that precedent.
Now, take a chance just for 290.00 dollars it seems "unethical", not to use other words..., specially when I know his complete name and other information about this person.

I think there are more people in this forum, in similars situations with this person.
For this reason I'm notifying what happened, hoping to get to resolve the matter, sooner or later, and know if someone could arrive to some point with this person.

orfeo25

I send a PM to the user ernierad, waiting some answer about the shipmnet of the board that i payed a month ago, and i'm still waiting.

orfeo25

I recived an answer from Ernie saying that the shipmnet was hung up in customs and was returned back to him... strange, the first shipmnet take a week or less to arrive here, and didn't had problems in customs using USpostal...

I asked for some shipment receipt, and i didn't recive nothing.

Now he offers me refund of the board, thing that i accepted without hesitation, using paypal.

I wonder how long it will take to refund my money, or if it's another lie.

orfeo25

Today i recived the CR board from Atlantic.
Took a month, a few emails to get some news and find out what had happened, but finally is here.

I have installed and seems to work well, but apparently did not solve my problem because I still get the error E068 on the screen. If see the post about "My machine ont power up, you will read what's happening.
Any ideas would be very apreciated.

I have to apologize to Ernie, having lost patience, but let go a month without telling someone who has paid a piece in advance, is too much patience.

So, I apologize and ask to close this post.

Thank you