• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with bitmaps in Flexi

axis

I've been using an old version of Onyx Postershop but due to compatibility issues and the cost of upgrading, I thought I'd try printing from Flexi 8.5. Vector graphics created in Flexi print beautifully, no banding, deep colors. When I print a bitmap (jpg or tif) that's been imported it prints with fine white lines running through it in the direction of head travel. It looks like a clogged nozzle or alignment issue except that vector graphics that are part of the same file print flawlessly. I've only been printing from Flexi for a few days now, is there something I'm not doing? My printer is a Mutoh Falcon JR, famous for banding issues, but this doesn't appear to be a printer problem. Thoughts, anyone?

saihelp

Sound like a icc profile issue

The issue is probably his icc profile that is set to a different rendering intent for bitmap and for vector.
It sounds like a bad profile issue (or no profile), but if you have a profile you can try to cheat it by changing the rendering intent, although it might work for just some files and not all of his prints so he might need to switch back and forth.
You can change it by going to:
In rip/print window (in flexi)
- third tab
- Color settings (under the color correction area)
- in the new window, go to the second tab "rendering intent"
- In here, only the elements available in his design will be avalable to select. The key is that if he is happy with the colors on vector, change the bitmap to be the same rendering intent he has in vector (by default this means change it to "relative colorimetric") but this might differ if he changed something.

Notice that this will only work if he is using an ICC profile for your prints.

I've been using an old version of Onyx Postershop but due to compatibility issues and the cost of upgrading, I thought I'd try printing from Flexi 8.5. Vector graphics created in Flexi print beautifully, no banding, deep colors. When I print a bitmap (jpg or tif) that's been imported it prints with fine white lines running through it in the direction of head travel. It looks like a clogged nozzle or alignment issue except that vector graphics that are part of the same file print flawlessly. I've only been printing from Flexi for a few days now, is there something I'm not doing? My printer is a Mutoh Falcon JR, famous for banding issues, but this doesn't appear to be a printer problem. Thoughts, anyone?

You can most accurately make this determination via the Test Print (Nozzle Check) function on the printer's control panel.