• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem with black on a SP540V

DEXRON12

Would anyone have an idea what could be causing this to happen. When I print there is some banding in the black.
I sent a pic to the service department where this printer was purchased and they said I need to replace the head. I'm hoping that's not the case.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• testprint-july72014.jpg
    testprint-july72014.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 110

rjssigns

I see lots of deflection and drops.(drops are blank areas) This leads to banding.

It may be time for a new head, but what ink are you using? My foray into 3rd party inks caused issues not unlike what you're seeing. We went back to OEM after an expensive rehab session. No issues since.

DEXRON12

I use OEM inks. Going to try soaking the heads and check the dampers. Thanks. I really hope I don't have buy a new head. I'm not sure how expensive they are but I'm sure they cost a grand at least.

player

Your head looks fine to me, I bet your cap is not sealing, so the pump is not able to clean out the nozzles. When did you last change the caps?
Also the wipers?

Did you have a head strike or did the head smear across some vinyl recently?

When you clean the heads, do you wipe the bottom or just the sides?

All the nozzles are firing so a new head should not be needed...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A head soak should help a lot. It does seem like your cap top, pump and/or wiper is not working properly. Unfortunately, if a head soak and new maintenance parts don't help, it's time for a new head. As a last resort you can try flushing the head but make sure you are willing accept the fact that you may lose the head completely before you decide to do that.