• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Drytac 55" Laminator

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
I need some advice on setting up and running a 55" Drytac cold laminator.

We have no problem with webbing the laminate, but for some reason when we're runnning material, the point where the backing separates from the laminate, gets 'sucked' under the rollers, along with the print, as we're laminating a print. This obviously is no good, and things tend to get kicked around the office since it's usually in the middle of a print and we are wasting a ton of material.

We're using 3m gloss laminate.

We took everything out of the laminator and turn it on without anything on the take up reel or going through the rollers. I noticed that I barely have to touch the take up reel in order for it to stop turning. I'm wondering if this is a sign of the tentioners for the take up reel are no good, and aren't taking the backing up fast enough and therefore the separation point gets taken by the rollers feeding the material.

We purchased the laminator only 4 months ago. I called the place we purchased it from, and truth be told, they were absolutely no help on the phone.

I'm just wondering if it's working properly or if I need to call and get a tech out to repair tomorrow when we open.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Sticky Signs

Try winding the take up roll by hand until enough scrap material is on the roll to make the circumference thicker. Hope that make sense.

gaterspit

Lame n ator

is it a daige? mine sucks too. even changed rollers. can we get them
both in there where the sun don't shine sideways?

2B

we have a JM63SHA and if the lamination is wider than the material upon separation from the backing it gets stuck on the wheel which will cause the print/lamination to be pulled under the machine.

if it is a small print always use a sled or old backing paper, never let the lamination be wider than the print.

MikeH

Ok I'm more familiar with LEDCO laminators but this system should have some common type of parts.
1. How is the rewind driven, probably off the main motor drive by chain. IS the chain jumping off the sprocket?
2. The sprocket should be turning at a higher RPM than the unit is running at and driving a clutch. Can you tighten the clutch?
3. Is the mandrel/core holder engaged with the drive?
4. Is the core slipping on the mandrel?

Davidford7

Increase the tension on the reel that is taking up the backing. The backing should separate from the laminate about half way from where the laminate contacts the application roller.

David