• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with filling the system with ink after head cleaning

extreme.bg

Hello,
I have a "little" problem. A few days ago I cleaned my MUTOH ValueJet 1204 with cleaning catridges. Everything was OK in the beginning, the old inks flew out, the cleaning liquid too, but when the machine started to fill the new inks, the cyan cartridge came empty, and everything f#@ed up. I put the new ink cartridge but the system couldn't start filling. Now there are no inks in the system and the machine can't start filling in. Any suggestions?:thankyou:

randya

Are all the ink lines under the cover and at the dampers clear?

Sounds like all your nozzles except C are clogged, very unusual.

Why did you run cleaning solution?

extreme.bg

well,
I run the cleaning because some of the nozzles were clogged. When I put the ink cartridges back they start to fill in normally. K was OK, but no one of the other three inks started to fill. I couldn't see the ink in the already cleaned plastic pipes. They were empty. Every time when I start the refill, I can hear that the motor is running but nothing happens. Is it possible ,some how, the system not to succeed to vacuum itself?

randya

You should really do a head soak.
Running cleaning cartridges is for storage and flushing the system out, it will not usually help much for plugged nozzles.

To test your head seal against the cap, you will need a syringe and tubing.
Connect between the cap and the pump, block off one line, pull from the other.
If no vacuum, then that is probably your problem.

extreme.bg

Well I did as you said, but unfortunately nothing happens, there is no vacuum at all. The capping station is not the original, a year ago the old one was replaced by the technical support. So there is a problem but where....?

Gabriel

It's very possible that the capping station not closing the print head and this way, there is no continuity in your system. Try to clean your capping station very well, and then try again with the syringe.

extreme.bg

What do you want to repair? There is nothing to be repaired. If everything is fine now, then you are able to feed you print-heads with ink. Pull the ink in the print-head using a syringe.
If the capping station is messed up, then you can call a technician to replace that for you or you can replace it yourself.:smile:
Here is what you need:
http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/Valuejet-Capping-Unit---KY-14060-p18133.html
Thanks a lot :) I'll order it. Do you have any idea for how long comes the delivery?(Did you order anything from that site?) I am from Bulgaria by the way

Gabriel

Hi,

Yes, I order every time from those guys. If they receive the money today, you will have the order tomorrow - 24 hours delivery.

Romania salutes Bulgaria :peace!:
You're welcome!:smile: