• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Gerber Edge2

MODCreations

When in composer, I am trying to print to the Gerber Edge2 machine a scanned image wheather I same it as jpg,bmp or eps...... I get the following error...

A box comes up saying after Trying to output all, then to gspplot is when I get the following error:

" Where is headlite007.bmp "

But there is no bmp or headlite007 on the computer or ever was one...The scanned image is headlite009.plt

What could be the problem?

Thank Mike

you can get back to me on here or @ spike_06_76@sympatico.ca

Tom

I don't know why it happens, but if you remove the bitmap and then replace it again, it should work.

If not, try a re-boot.

iSign

on the computer or ever was one...The scanned image is headlite009.plt

What could be the problem?

a scanned image would never have the extension .plt
You placed an image file of some kind into an Omega file, and saved the Omage file with the extension .plt

Older versions of Omega were not able to embed the image, so that message is very common, and the original file was, in fact, named with the name in the error message. The only way you will be able to reprint it, without recreating it, would be to find the original scan, under that name.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No your saved job is Headlite009.plt. That saved job contains a thumbnail representation of the scanned image and GSPPlot needs to know where the original Headlite007.bmp is saved on your hard drive so it can rip it.

gabagoo

yup, never delete those original bitmap files as Omega only saves the location of the file. I learned the hard way years ago

MODCreations

First and formost thanks everyone for trying to help...

Now I have searched this computer top to bottom and I cannot find the original headlite007.bmp...

So what should I do?

1. Redo it?

2. Try calling the headlite009, headlite007bmp? If so where would these be on the computer since Idon't see the the originals anywhere on the computer in C:?

3. Kill the machine and the computer haha since I am not on it that often lol.

Mike =)

beckys

Have you recently upgraded to 2.6???
I've notided when I went to go print something, it was always asking where is it. After numerous problems w/2.6, I went back to 2.5, guess what, It found the file.

ndemond

Try rescanning and save it to your desktop. Make a new folder and call it scans. Every time you scan something have it saved in the same place.

I always place it on my desktop because I loose the little boogers also.

Omega must see the file as a .plt. ie: plot file.
Hope this helps.