• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with getting old printers and new cutter to work together for print-to-cut

FSDesigner

Hello all! We have a hopefully NOT unusual problem. We have two older Roland large format printers and our older Roland vinyl cutter just went kaput. For our printers, and old cutter, we were using VersaWorks 5.5.1. My boss bought us a new cutter that will only run on VersaWorks 6+. Our dealer and Roland have not been very helpful and there are a lot of cooks in this kitchen trying to get us to be able to print and cut and it's driving me to pull out my hair! Does ANYONE know what I'm talking about and has anyone else run into this problem and been able to fix it?

unclebun

If Roland don't support older models with upgrades to software then you have to either upgrade your printers or switch RIPs to one which will, like Onyx.

Send back the cutter and buy one that is compatible. If the vendor gives you grief remind them that there are plenty of others who will sell you what you need.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
It is possible to run both Versaworks 5 and Versaworks 6 on the same computer. We do that here as we have 2 older models that don't run on 6 and 2 newer printers that do. We do all the printing and cutting on the same printers, so I couldn't help you there, but I can't see why you couldn't print on the one printer on V5 and then do the cutting from V6, especially if you put the cut marks.