• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem with GSP plot...

Signsforwhile

Ive been having this problem lately - I'll be in the middle of a print job and this pops up, that I don't have a dongle. It's plugged into the front of my computer and the light is on, so I know its plugged in. If I unplug it, plug it back in and click "NO attempt to find security key" the message will go away after a couple of rounds.....whats going on?!

security key.jpg

gerald

I banged my knee into my dongle a few times and damaged it. It did the same thing. I sent it back and got a new one and cured the problem.

iSign

I forget the exact way to describe this possible source of trouble, but you want to make sure your power management settings are not set to go looking for usb ports not in use (or something like that)

...the way I remember it, the dongle is not like a continous use device... it sits idle & then will respond to an intermittent ping from the software to make sure it is still there. there is a power management setting that interferes with this ability to await the ping... & another setting that prevents that interference.

I'm just out the door after this post to do a Sunday install... so I can't look it up for you, but search on 4edgetalk.com & you may find one of several discussion where this was explained.