• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with heat press sequins

Stormyj

Just another guy
Hi all. Need some advise. Im trying the heat sequins on 100% cotton womens shirts. not been washed, put on press heat for a few secs to get rid of moisture and press, then apply sequins for recommended time, 10 secs at 345. Let cool and try to remove clear protective sheet, but some sequins are applying and some are peeling off with the sheet. I try to go slow, but when peeling, the cotton seems to flip over and then the sequin peels of shirt instead of sheet. Any advise? is there a way top get sheet to let them go easier without pulling shirt over? Im stumped and keep ruining shirts. Please help.
Jim
PS, I guess there actually called spangles

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

Hi all. Need some advise. Im trying the heat sequins on 100% cotton womens shirts. not been washed, put on press heat for a few secs to get rid of moisture and press, then apply sequins for recommended time, 10 secs at 345. Let cool and try to remove clear protective sheet, but some sequins are applying and some are peeling off with the sheet. I try to go slow, but when peeling, the cotton seems to flip over and then the sequin peels of shirt instead of sheet. Any advise? is there a way top get sheet to let them go easier without pulling shirt over? Im stumped and keep ruining shirts. Please help.

I'm just guessing here as I embroider sequins on garments, but it sounds like it's something with the glue. Check your duration, temp and pressure for the sequins that you have on the transfer sheet. The application should be somewhat similar to applying rhinestones via a transfer sheet. If some aren't sticking then either they aren't getting enough heat in the a certain spot and/or heat/pressure/duration overall is a problem.

PS, I guess there actually called spangles

Spangles usually refers to the sequins on reels, rather they are for embroidery or hot fix (like the ones you are applying).

Stormyj

Just another guy
I guess these are not really sequins, nor rhinestones. The're like sequins but without the hole in the center. However, you were dead on. The directions read to do it at med pres, 345 for 8 - 10 sec peel cold. I tried again at 345, hvy press, for 14 sec and peeled hot/warm, and it came off much better. I dont know why I followed directions... I dont any other time.

1291_image.jpg
Although these look like sequins.

WildWestDesigns

I guess these are not really sequins, nor rhinestones. The're like sequins but without the hole in the center.

I'm only used to sequins that you either sew by hand or sew by machine, so I'm used to seeing a hole in the center, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for them to be without one.

However, you were dead on. The directions read to do it at med pres, 345 for 8 - 10 sec peel cold. I tried again at 345, hvy press, for 14 sec and peeled hot/warm, and it came off much better. I dont know why I followed directions... I dont any other time.

I heard that and frequently do that much to the annoyance of others around me.