• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with HP Designjet 9000

New Color

My Designjet last day started showing a strange problem. When it starts printing it give one pass, puts the carriage back in the cap position and keep everything else on, like heaters and so, it didnt showed any errors, its like it is printing, but the media doesnt move and the carriage does one pass printing normally. It isnt software because it does the same with printing tests. Anyone has experienced somenthing like this already? This is a serious issue since we only have one printer here at our shop.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

New Color

We tried to exchange the mainboard of the machine and of the heads, but still the printer does not print.

Anyone that knows how to solve this?

danno

Are there any unusual noises when the carriage is moving? Have you tried powering down and unplugging the unit, then powering back up?

New Color

Do you know any HP Techs you can call for support?
We already called four techs and none of them could find the problem.

Are there any unusual noises when the carriage is moving? Have you tried powering down and unplugging the unit, then powering back up?

No, only the normal carriage moving, sound. The strange thing is that when it does the 2 pass that it still does it works normal, after the second pass it simply goes to cap position and keeps the coolers and heaters on like it were still printing, and nothing happens after that.

danno

Just for grins and giggles, take the side cover off on the capping side of the machine. Should be secured using 4 Philips head #2 screws. Print an IQ print and watch the 2 rubber and the stainless carriage belt. Watch for possible slippage or sometimes on the stainless belt, a loss condition. I have attached a picture of what you will be looking at. I have seen the teeth on the rubber belts wear out and the stainless belt actually jump as the carriage reverses direction.

Attachments

• cap side cover small.jpg
    cap side cover small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 62

New Color

Just for grins and giggles, take the side cover off on the capping side of the machine. Should be secured using 4 Philips head #2 screws. Print an IQ print and watch the 2 rubber and the stainless carriage belt. Watch for possible slippage or sometimes on the stainless belt, a loss condition. I have attached a picture of what you will be looking at. I have seen the teeth on the rubber belts wear out and the stainless belt actually jump as the carriage reverses direction.

Thanks for the idea Danno, but after reading here i checked like you instructed and the belts are working just fine.

I cant understand this problem, when it cleans or something like that, it does the cleaning normally, its just when it prints (even the test print fails), and always after the second pass. One of the Techs even took the main motherboard and the heads motherboard and tested then on other machine with no problems.

If anyone have any idea of what can be the problem, i would be grateful.

wunder

renew the encoder sensor (reader) and by the side you can clean up the stripe for first time....other disassemble the encoder stripe.....clean it very good and reinsert from the other side in the machine (with a scope) you can check the stripe of demages in the Lines...is there to many white or cuts renew it.

2nd check the datacable to the carriage....renew it

9000 dont give errors by demage encoder stripe / or datacable

br
wunder

New Color

renew the encoder sensor (reader) and by the side you can clean up the stripe for first time....other disassemble the encoder stripe.....clean it very good and reinsert from the other side in the machine (with a scope) you can check the stripe of demages in the Lines...is there to many white or cuts renew it.

2nd check the datacable to the carriage....renew it

9000 dont give errors by demage encoder stripe / or datacable

br
wunder

We exchanged the flat cable for the car, and discovered that one head was overheating making the car stop to cool down, today we exchanged the head, and now it is printing, but it just prints with all heads everytime, it doesn't print any image or text just sprays ink like if we were making a square with all colors.