Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Illy CS6

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by biggmann, Mar 19, 2013.

1. biggmann

biggmann Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Brantford Ontario
    For some reason and I don't know why something has changed in my illustrator that when I have a file open and I go to open another file my window minimizes, not to the task bar but shrinks in size so I have to maximize it and all my panels on the right side are all collapsed. Not a big issue but a annoyance that I have to repeat the same thing every time I open a new file. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions as to why it is doing this or what to do to fix it? I have searched Google and found no answers.

Tags:
  2. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Its a strange bug that has been happening randomly since I think CS5 ... really annoying. If you open the file through file/open instead of just double clicking the file it usually opens properly.

3. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    Happens anytime you drag and drop an image or file into illustrator when it is open,too. annoying.

4. biggmann

biggmann Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Brantford Ontario
    The only work around I can find is to stretch the window to almost full size after it minimizes so that when it does happen it doesnt affect too much, still wish there was a fix though.

5. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    what workspace are you on? Essentials?

6. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    and does it still do it when you have "consolidate all windows" checked as well?