• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Illy CS6

biggmann

For some reason and I don't know why something has changed in my illustrator that when I have a file open and I go to open another file my window minimizes, not to the task bar but shrinks in size so I have to maximize it and all my panels on the right side are all collapsed. Not a big issue but a annoyance that I have to repeat the same thing every time I open a new file. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions as to why it is doing this or what to do to fix it? I have searched Google and found no answers.

xxaxx

Its a strange bug that has been happening randomly since I think CS5 ... really annoying. If you open the file through file/open instead of just double clicking the file it usually opens properly.

biggmann

The only work around I can find is to stretch the window to almost full size after it minimizes so that when it does happen it doesnt affect too much, still wish there was a fix though.

p3

and does it still do it when you have "consolidate all windows" checked as well?