• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Lyson ink

BRUSHMARKS

It seems with about 50% of our cartridges when they run low they are not telling the machine. We print large jobs and whne we go to laminate or just roll them out we will notice a color change and realize a color ran out. We are using lyson 1300 series in on our mimaki JV3 sp2. Normally it will beep to tell us a cartridge is low, then when it runs out it willl stop and idle until you change cartridge and hit remote. Well 50% of the time it just keeps going with out that color. On the cartridge there is a tab that is suppose to pop out and trigger a sensor on the printer. well the tabs aren't popping out. We have called our supplier many times and Lyson doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. We love the ink and the quality and price, but after you figure all the wasted material and time, we just wonder if its worth it. anyone else having a problem with the cartridges?

I see this problem with the Lyson ink cartridges all the time. It seems to be that nazdar uses old cartridge and just put new bags inside. What you can do is contact Nazdar direct dont deal through the distributor. Nazdar has good support and will make it right for you. If you werent aware of when running any series Nazdar Lyson ink they sale it with a limited warranty of up to $600.00 which covers anything that the ink touches in the printer, if you have cartridges that dont pop out they will reinburse you. That has been my experience with the Lyson cartridges. I would give you the # and contact info. but I dont have it infront of me you can go to there website and find it though.

Good Luck

Sublimefly

Yeah we've been trying to stick with the Lyson inks for a bit, but so far we've never had one of their cartridges flag the printer as empty. So we've lost a few prints and almost a head from this issue. If you decide to try Lyson be aware that you can't leave a low cartridge in the system while you're away, you may come back to a dried out head.

rdbrown

Check your maintenance menu and see if your ml cartridge size matches the size of cartridges you are using. If it is set to 440 ml and you are using 220 ml, maybe that is causeing the problem.

NZDR-Payne

This problem has recently come up and Nazdar has implemented new production methods and additional quality control to make sure the flags are working correctly.

The Nazdar Lyson Limited Warranty is available on our website. If you have a cartridge that does not flag empty properly please feel free to call our Technical Services hotline at 866.340.3579. You can also contact me directly at cpayne@nazdar.com if you would like to discuss further.