• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem with Master XY-380p

Jayfaas

I have had this vinyl cutter for a couple of years and it has definently paid itself off, but my problem is...while im cutting, I can only seem to cut one at a time, and maybe sometimes two, and if I cut any more it seems to just cut random lines in the middle of the cut. i dont know why it does this, but it is very annoying and is beginning to cost me from all the screwups its making, its wasting vinyl. Its using a parallel cable and there are no problems in device manager, and the cutter still cuts one good about 50% of the time. But it seems like every other one or so is getting those random lines. Some are usable but some it'll just be cutting a letter and then go off into a random spot and back, and then resume like normal. We've taken apart the plotter and checked all the cables and made sure there wasnt anything loose, and we blew the dust out, and its still having the problem. Whats causing this? Do you think the parallel cable is goin bad? Only reason I think it might be the cable is because its just doing it randomly, so somewhere between the pc and the cutter the data might be getting corrupted and causing it to do random stuff. I dont have another cable to test it with, so thats why I was posting here to make sure what the problem was first. Please help:help:

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is a common problem with the Masters. We have one - in my experience the more complicated the design - or multiples - it seems to lose it's little mind. There is no fix that I've found, but I try to be careful about how much I send at a time.

gpzjack

I had some problems with mine. I think some of it has to do with the buffer settings..somewhere somebody posted a bunch of changes to make to the settings and my machine started working way better.

freshdesignfast

Search for those settings someone posted. We use one as a backup and those settings really helped except for the curve setting. We use high instead of the suggested low.

Good luck!

Chuck Olson

I used to have that problem (and others), but it went away once I got rid of the garbage software that came with it and bought FlexiLetter. Runs like a dream now.

Bighow

what software are you using? I'm using flexistarter and haven't had any problems so far "knock on wood"

66duane

master xy 380P Contour cut!

its in the software,, if you go to signgo web site and read im sure i read how to cure your problem,,, what i was wondering has anyone tried to contour cut with this machine and even more will it? My software has it in but,,,,ya know,, was just wondering what experience ones had in trying it, thanks duane

round man

the inexpensive chineese plotters all seem to have a common problem in that they tend to go haywire on everysecond or third plot,...this is due to buffer over runs within the plotter memory(The memory chips installed on the plotter that allow it to retain the portion of the plot file recieved fom the host computer until it can actually be processed by the mainboard and then be cut). Most common symptom is an erratic cut not found in the actual cut file often ocuuring at random places during the cut. usually this can be resolved by simply rebooting the plotter between each cut file. it may seem to be a PITA but it is the cost of using an inexpensive machine that corners have been cut in the engineering to reduce manufacturing costs and thus the end price of the plotter. back in the day we would daisy chain a plot buffer in between the computer and the plotter on the communications cable and run some fairly complicated software routines to work around a problem such as this,...these days it is probably cheaper and more cost effective to buy a better plotter,...in any fairly busy shop the cost of a good name brand plotter should offset by the savings from an inexpensive plotter in a short time frame due to material loss and messed up cuts ,and labor costs due to time lost fom an inexpensive inferior plotter. In the end the old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind here,....the cheapest racecar rarely wins the race,...many times they won't even finish the race,....