• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Mutoh VJ 1604

I need help. Please see attached picture page which 3 different head I had tried in vj1604. Please see and read attached page very carefully.
1- When I contact old block nozzle head in the printer it will accepted this head and the printer say "read to print" It would do cleaning and will try to nozzle test and every thing. (did this multiple time) Just fine. It would spit out any ink in cleaning and not printing in nozzle check. Because head is blocked.
2- When I connect green strip head the printer would reject give us an error code 085 head heat.
3- Brand new (187000) head get connected and would rejected by printer and give us an error code 085 head heat.
Here what I think? The green strip and Brand new 187000 head has locked and Old block nozzle is unlocked.
You can zoom in the page and see into the picture very closely.

Attachments

• head photos.jpg
    head photos.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 301
  • head photos.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 167

artfull

I need help. Please see attached picture page which 3 different head I had tried in vj1604. Please see and read attached page very carefully.
1- When I contact old block nozzle head in the printer it will accepted this head and the printer say "read to print" It would do cleaning and will try to nozzle test and every thing. (did this multiple time) Just fine. It would spit out any ink in cleaning and not printing in nozzle check. Because head is blocked.
2- When I connect green strip head the printer would reject give us an error code 085 head heat.
3- Brand new (187000) head get connected and would rejected by printer and give us an error code 085 head heat.
Here what I think? The green strip and Brand new 187000 head has locked and Old block nozzle is unlocked.
You can zoom in the page and see into the picture very closely.

Try swapping the head with 2 or 3 by removing the 3 screws from the plastic cap. You can do it, its easy. Swap and test it 1 by 1.
:smile:

hi,
First which 3 screw and what plastic?
You mean change the manifold on the head. Did that to. but no success. I am sorry I don't understand can you be more specific and if you have a picture and upload to the message that would be great. I appreciate you response.