• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with my Mutoh

genxsignshop

I have a Mutoh 1204 VJ48. I came in this morning to no power. I unplugged it, let it sit for a bit. Plugged it back in and it fired up. But when it starts to initialize the carriage, it shuts off again. I have a call into tech support right now, but of course, my work load is heavy right now and I need it fixed. Any ideas?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Sounds like your head lock is not releasing. Try to manually move the carriage to the middle of the printer and then turn it on. See if the print head moves back to the origin. If it does and then it errors you most likely have a sticky head lock that needs to be cleaned. If you can't get the head lock to work you can tape it down to get the job out but be warned that the head will not cap properly and can dry out if left like this too long. This should only be used as a temporary solution and needs to be resolved right away.

BobCap

Mutoh

I had the same issue with my VJ1304.

Here is what solved it for me.

Turn off the power.

UNPLUG the power plug.

Remove the back cover.

Look on the main processor circuit board. To the left I believe.

You will see a memory chip in a socket.

CAREFULLY release the chip from the socket.

Wait 10 minutes.

I sprayed the socket with Caigs DeOxit.

I reseated the chip. Powered on unit.

Print.

Worked for me. I believe there was some corrosion causing the memory to lock up.

Let us know if this solves your problem...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

genxsignshop

nevermind...just talked to a tech. said to try the chip and to also look for any blown fuses. Have a few things to do, then I will give it a try.

genxsignshop

got another call into tech support. thinking more than anything, may be a bad relay. Kept the back cover off and turned it on. Again, when it starts to initialize, I heard a click. From the backside, sound like a relay. But of course there is 7 of them so not sure what to think just yet. waiting for a call back.

genxsignshop

had a tech come in yesterday and looked at it. was the cut solenoid. but now, i'm having the sticky carriage lock issue. i taped it down now and its running again. gotta figure out how to clean it and then try with out the tape.

genxsignshop

fixed that issue, had the solenoid cord plugged into the wrong spot on the board (tech had unplugged and went with where is said solenoid on the board). all back up and running now.