• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with new cutting blade sp-540v

Johanswe

Hello!

A few days ago I changed my cuter blade, and i noticed that it makes a loud noise when cutting.

It doesn't cut through in some places, and i can see that it was cut like this on some - - - - - - - - (if you understand).

The cutting blade is from the same package that it came from before.

Hope someone can help meo_O

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours is in the swatch libraries under windows when assigning your cut line details.

amw

Longtime Members
Make sure the blade holder is snug. Could be your blade holder needs to be replaced, or a bad blade. Could also be like Gino said and you might have mistakenly set it u to perf cut.
Also the cutting strip could be worn.

cornholio

Original Roland blades, or Chinese trash?
I've seen some sort of plating coming off, of Chinese blades, destroying the back bearing of the blade holder.
Then you get the cut line, you describe. You can try to lubricate this bearing. Otherwise the holder needs replacement.
When you hear a noise, it could also be the flat cable going to the tool carriage.

Johanswe

Original Roland blades, or Chinese trash?
I've seen some sort of plating coming off, of Chinese blades, destroying the back bearing of the blade holder.
Then you get the cut line, you describe. You can try to lubricate this bearing. Otherwise the holder needs replacement.
When you hear a noise, it could also be the flat cable going to the tool carriage.
Roland blades

Johanswe

I've tested a little more today, and notice that it cuts fine as usual on three out of four corners, the fourth corner of a square gets choppy like the teeth of a saw, and when this happens it makes a sound similar to a fart.

The knife spins nicely in the holder, lubricate the holder a little anyway.
I have also changed back to the old knife but the problem remaining.

It worked very well before I changed the knife.

Johanswe

Now I've tried cutting on unprinted vinyl and there it cuts fine as it should, all the noise and notches are gone. But on printed vinyl it's back again.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Whatever the problem might be the solution most likely won't be found by replacing hardware and adjusting settings that were fully functional before you changed blades.

What you have described can be caused by a tool carriage contaminated with dust and crud. Remove any dust covers over the tool carriage and blow the whole thing out with canned or compressed air. Pay particular attention to the tool up/down mechanism. A good friend and I both do this anytime our plotters start to cutting funky. He has a Summa and I have a Graphtec. It has always fixed the problem for us.

cornholio

I had a case with a Roland, where the white plastic wheel right of the solenoid had a crack.
This is a possibility in a oldtimer...

Mantaworld

just thought I would see if you have properly installed the blade into the blade holder....you don't simply screw the top cap all the way down...you have to adjust it....have a look at this video here ...