• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with non-OPOS contour cutting on a D120R. Help needed.

RG

I am trying to cut a file printed on an Edge with a Summa D120R plotter. My software is Flexi v11. I'm trying this because it looks like I can print a 11.6" job and still contour cut it, if I use one of the non-OPOS alignment methods. In the Rip & Print window I choose the 4 Point registration mark method. Looks to me like this has to be what the Summa manual calls XY-Adjustment, which is suppose to be the most accurate. I send the file to the Production Manager and click SEND. The Alignment window opens and I choose Digitize Alignment (Bomb Sight) and click OK. The next digitize alignment window opens for Registration Mark 1 and I move the tool to Registration Mark 1. There was no laser pointer light (like there is with my Graphtec plotter), so I just moved the knife directly over Registration Mark 1 and press enter on the plotter. I click OK on the Digitize Alignment window for Mark 1 and the knife moved to Registration Mark 2 and the Registration Mark 2 window opens. I press enter on the plotter and OK on the Alignment window and nothing happens except the Registration Mark 2 window closes briefly and opens again and I can't move past this window.

Can someone who has done this please tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to do this right? For years this method worked great and simple on my Graphtec FC-7000 and it had the red laser pointer light that I moved to the center of the 4 registration marks. Does a Summa not have a laser pointer light? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

RG

Finally figured this out with some old fashioned trial and error. I called Grimco tech support first, because I bought the plotter from them. The tech guy I spoke to listened politely, but was absolutely no help. So, then I tried the tech support number for Summa which is Airmark. Was told that I could get free tech support only from Grimco because I bought it from them and if I wanted tech support from Summa (Airmark), I would have to pay for it because I didn't buy the plotter from them. I purchased from Grimco because their price was better and I buy most of my supplies from them. Seems like buying from Airmark would have been like prepaying for the tech support.