• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Omega design

Hielorojo

Hello, I need print over clear vinyl two stripes for a Motorbike Gas Tank , one Stripe goes in black and the other in red, for the red stripe I need print a white layer first and then print the red over the white, the problem is that the white layer shows out of the red layer....if there any option to fix that error? I print with a Fx model, i dont like print over white vinyl and then cut them, I would make the decals over clear vinyl.

WHALcb.jpg

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You want to mess with the 'choke" of the white... that will make the white a little smaller to allow for foil mis-registration.

Billct2

Create the white as a separate file a little narrower than the red and overprint the red.

Hielorojo

Put a stroke on the red. As red so you will cover the white
If I put a stroke on the red the problem continúes also......white layer show out.
I apply a "negative" outline to the red layer about -0.10mm and works well in all shape but at the curve of the stripe white is off

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If I put a stroke on the red the problem continúes also......white layer show out.
I apply a "negative" outline to the red layer about -0.10mm and works well in all shape but at the curve of the stripe white is off

Make sure that the red stroke is set to overprint. Otherwise the white just knocks it out.

Marlene

On the plot page click on print options. On the right hand side you'll see a menu "shrink under print". Click on primer and you can set how much you want to shrink it.