Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with Onyx

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Stan B, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Stan B

Stan B Guest

Hi all,
    I was wondering if someone can help me with a quick tip help.

All out of blue our Onyx for Jeti printer stopped taking TIF files. It gives an error saying "File format not supported" and "File does not exist". We did not make any changes to anything and just yesterday it was working.

I cleaned all old files that were sitting in Onyx to clear up memory and it did not help.

Any advice ?
    Thank you,
    Stan

Tags:
  2. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    That's odd, just checked ours and it still works..... someone install something on the computer since yesterday? Did you try restarting the computer?

3. Stan B

Stan B Guest

We did few restarts with no help,

nothing new was installed.

4. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Have you tried to call Onyx? They have been extremely helpful whenever we had issues.

5. Stan B

Stan B Guest

was hoping to fix the problem on the fly,

online is so much easier than calling,

but will call if nothing else helps. Thanks.

6. Dice

Dice Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Have you made sure your on the latest version? Did you try the latest update patch?

7. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Have you tried ripping old .tiff files that you know have worked in the past, or just new .tiff files? I'm wondering if something is corrupt with the file and non Onyx...

8. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    yeah maybe you accidentally switched to a different compression in your tiff creation dialogue somewhere...

9. eye4clr

eye4clr Member

Feb 10, 2006
    An obscure but easy thing to try is to have the source tiff on the local drive. Don't try to pull it across the network directly into onyx.

I've seen similar problems and their techs have identified an intermittent bug pulling files across networks.