• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem with Onyx

S

Stan B

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone can help me with a quick tip help.

All out of blue our Onyx for Jeti printer stopped taking TIF files. It gives an error saying "File format not supported" and "File does not exist". We did not make any changes to anything and just yesterday it was working.

I cleaned all old files that were sitting in Onyx to clear up memory and it did not help.

Any advice ?
Thank you,
Stan

That's odd, just checked ours and it still works..... someone install something on the computer since yesterday? Did you try restarting the computer?

S

Stan B

We did few restarts with no help,

nothing new was installed.

S

Stan B

was hoping to fix the problem on the fly,

online is so much easier than calling,

but will call if nothing else helps. Thanks.

Dice

Have you made sure your on the latest version? Did you try the latest update patch?

Letterbox Mike

Have you tried ripping old .tiff files that you know have worked in the past, or just new .tiff files? I'm wondering if something is corrupt with the file and non Onyx...

eye4clr

An obscure but easy thing to try is to have the source tiff on the local drive. Don't try to pull it across the network directly into onyx.

I've seen similar problems and their techs have identified an intermittent bug pulling files across networks.