• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with overspray in high speed mode

cfbeagle

This just started on my SP540. I am using the profile GCVP: Glossy Calendered Vinyl ESM in Versaworks. When I run it in "High Speed" mode I get some "overspray" like streaks on the white areas following an area of heavy color.
Attached is a picture to illustrate.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing it? I don't think it is a file problem because it does it when I print both an EPS file and a TIF.

Attachments

• DSCF1867.jpg
    DSCF1867.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 86

cfbeagle

Overspray might not be the right word... the edges are crisp. there are just streaks of black as if a nozzle is not shutting off or something.

MachServTech

Overspray might not be the right word... the edges are crisp. there are just streaks of black as if a nozzle is not shutting off or something.
Move the carriage out and shine a flashlight from the other side of the carriage. You probably have some hair or string trailing from the printhead.

cfbeagle

Encoder strip is clean and no debris dragging from the print head... Static raises an interesting question. Seems like static has been really bad in my shop lately. Any suggestions how to get rid of it?

SE SignSupply

Encoder strip is clean and no debris dragging from the print head... Static raises an interesting question. Seems like static has been really bad in my shop lately. Any suggestions how to get rid of it?

For some reason manually cleaning the prinheads with a swab and some alcohol seems to help the static issues.