• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with panelling in GA

Jillbeans

Running a 4E on GA 6.2.
Seem to have the same old memory type error when cutting things that have to be panelled.
(I am cutting something 68" high on a 15" plotter)
It will sometimes cut the first two panels then stop. Other times it cuts the first and last panels then stops.
Sometimes it won't cut a damn thing.
Today it's cutting the first, leaving space for the second but only cutting the top seam, then cutting the third, then nothing.
:frustrated:
I am using the sequence plot option, but even when I deselect that it does the same thing. I try selecting only panels 6,5,4 and the plotter makes a little grunt and then does nothing. And when you check the file in the spooler it is not there, as if it's already been cut.
I do have a 50 yard roll but am scared of wasting any more material, as this was special ordered.
Thanks!
Love....Jill

Rhino

Generally, when I have to tile something, I make my own tiles and send them to the plotter as their own file.

Attachments

• Image_Tile.jpg
    Image_Tile.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Jillbeans

Yup, I do that too. But this is for a lighted sign so it has to be spot-on.
Just hoping there is a setting in the gaplot box I can try out!
Thanks.

Marlene

try clicking on file on the plot page and make save a spool file. then go back into file and click cut an existing spool file to send the info to the plotter that way to see if that works. take your knife blade out and watch the plotter to see if it goes thru all the cutting for each panel

Jillbeans

Thanks anyway. I think I am going to have to make my own panels.
Marlene, I can't save it, that area is greyed out when I tried.

Marlene

your save to spool file is grayed? that's odd. set up a normal job of a box that is 11" x 11" and see if you can save a spool file for that. if you can, then it sounds like there's an error within the 68" file. If you can save the 11" x 11" box spool file, try re-doing the 68" file and save it in composer with a new job name and try sending that one to the plot page and try making a spool file.

ndemond

Jill, does your settings have a "pull down" first before starting to plot? If it does set that to 0, then try again. It solved my problem, the plotter would go through the motions but not cut. I always babysit long runs and advance the vinyl myself so it is not "jerking?" the whole roll. This is on the envision, may be it will work for you.

Nancy

Jillbeans

I just ended up doing as Rhino suggested, tried to be as exact as possible.
I do have a pull-down setting adjustment box in gaplot, but pretty much whatever I did is useless.
Stevo is a Gerber expert, when he looked at this program (meaning all the greyed out stuff) he said my tech did not install most of my GA6.2 features. I am always afraid of uninstalling/reinstalling for fear of losing 11 years worth of jobs. I have the original CD and dongle and all that jazz, but this computer is so old now that the CD drive no longer works. I do back up my files on floppies but that is even archaic nowadays.
Thanks again folks.

Tony Teveris

If I remember right when you cut a job from GA / Omega all the cut data goes into a temporary spool file and sent to GQMgr. "Save to Spool File" maybe grayed because there is no print data and in the old GA this may have been a bug. GspPlot does not have and never did have any "options" to install. Try this, panel your job and then in the panel paramter dialog select to cut a specific panel, do one at a time. Try this with no tool or material first.

Also check your cable, make sure it's properly connected on both ends. I would assume being an old computer you don't have any USB ports.

signpro

Manager
edit: i see you figured it out by makeing your own panels. but here's my suggestion anyways...

i have a similar issue at times with a file i run frequently for a local trucking company.

I called Gerber/Omega tech and this was their suggestion... they told me sometimes, somehow, the files becomes corrupt and you need to make a new original file for it. what i have to do is copy the graphic file to a new file in Omega Composer, and resave it as a different file. then restart all machines, including computer, and resend the "new" job and it's cuts just fine. so far, it has always worked for me evertime!! it's easy and worth a shot. you might try it on a cheap roll of vinyl first though to make sure your "new" file cuts properly before you try it on your special order vinyl. good luck.